2G phone offer on website, problems redeeming

2G phone offer on website, problems redeeming

Postby kdkalish » Sat May 07, 2016 5:36 pm

I tried adding minutes to my old phone (while logged into my tracfone account) and was alerted to the 2G migration. I went thru a series of screens on your site and came across the offer of $20 off ANY phone valued at $29.99 or more. See attached screenshot of the offer. Note that there was NO fine print stating any limitations. I have screenshots of each screen leading up to this in a Word doc but the site didn't allow me to attach a .doc file.

So I selected the Samsung Galaxy Stardust, which was priced at $39.99, well above the $29.99 minimum. When I went to my cart, it just showed the phone @ $39.99 and no discount. I figured I'd see a discount on a subsequent screen after I entered my info, but instead I got an error saying I needed to be a current customer to continue the transaction. I repeated this sequence and got the same thing. So I called Tracfone and spoke to a "supervisor" named Janelle for about 45 min, and she was not able to help me. I called the next day and spoke to another "supervisor" named Ronald, and he finally agreed that I should be able to get that phone and get the $20 discount. But at the end of the transaction, after he completed the order and gave me an order number, after being on the phone with him for over an hour, he told me the discount is not going through and he will transfer me to a refund department to get a $20 credit. He PROMISED me that it will be honored. But after being on the phone ANOTHER half hour with the refund agent Janseen and then a "SENIOR MANAGER" named Monelo, they refused to honor the discount. They said I'd need to cancel the entire transaction and start over again. I did NOT want to be on the phone for another hour or two. So I told him I will take this up with Amex, since I have the screenshot, and I am sure they will either take $20 off my bill or take the whole $39.99 off the bill and I'll end up with a free phone.

I would have liked Tracfone to honor the offer on their site, and the offer that Ronald PROMISED I would get when he processed the transaction, but if Tracfone won't come through for me, I will probably get an even better deal when I dispute the charge with Amex. Too bad you guys don't even know your own promotions and supposedly give your supervisors and managers no power to fix situations like this. What kind of company does that?
Attachments
tracfone.JPG
tracfone.JPG (110.02 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
kdkalish

Re: 2G phone offer on website, problems redeeming

Postby TracFone - Mark » Sat May 07, 2016 5:39 pm

Hi kdkalish. My name is TracFone Mark. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
TracFone - Mark

Postby kdkalish » Sun May 08, 2016 7:07 pm

I just wasted MORE of my time in chat with an agent named Elsa who said she can't help me.

Now what? How much MORE goose chases will Tracfone put me on in order to honor your own offer I have PROOF of???
kdkalish

Postby alita » Sun May 08, 2016 10:22 pm

Hi kdkalish. My name is TracFone Alita. Sorry that you’re having a problem. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thank you.
alita

Postby kdkalish » Mon May 09, 2016 11:24 pm

I only see Mark's private message from the other day, I do not see another message.
kdkalish

Postby TracFone - Ashley » Tue May 10, 2016 9:00 am

Hi kdkalish. I've sent you a private message. Please check your forum inbox.
TracFone - Ashley

Postby kdkalish » Tue May 10, 2016 11:16 am

Ashley, seriously??? I already did the live chat thing, and it got me nowhere. I am not wasting any more of my time with this nonsense. I can't understand why nobody is able to help me. I even got an email from the Corporate Resolution Center agreeing with me that I should get the discount, but they are telling me the only way to get it is by doing the transaction on your website, but I already told you guys repeatedly that it's not working, and somehow you folks don't have the power to issue me a $20 credit that is agreed that I should get? Really? I can't believe how you guys operate.

My only recourse now is to contact AMEX and pursue a chargeback of the $20, and maybe for my time and aggravation, they should just charge back the entire $39.99 and I get to keep the phone.

I can't recall ever dealing with this many levels of incompetence in customer service, ever.
kdkalish

Postby TracFone - Maria » Tue May 10, 2016 11:17 am

Hi kdkalish. My name is TracFone Maria. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I've sent you a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. Thanks.
TracFone - Maria

Postby kdkalish » Wed May 11, 2016 6:28 pm

maria, I see no message from you , just the ones from mark and Ashley. They both gave me a link to live chat. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!! It's totally worthless. Why can't somebody just honor the offer? I am showing the screenshot so I have proof. Just somebody credit me $20, send me a check or something. How hard can this be?
kdkalish

Postby alita » Wed May 11, 2016 6:35 pm

Hi kdkalish. We need to speak with you directly to further assist you with this. Please contact 1-866-806-1840 and enter this PIN 032700 if prompted by the system. Please be informed that the PIN will be valid within two weeks. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.
alita

Next

Return to Current specials, promotions and discount codes.