International call - not a valid number

International call - not a valid number

Postby ab1945 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:58 pm

As of sometime this week around 7/26/2020 we are no longer able to make international calls on both of our Tracfones - never had a problem before. Either dialing direct with the international dialing number or using the Tracfone International app the response we receive is "not a valid number". It worked up until about a week ago and the numbers which are in the Montreal area ARE valid. Spent over an hour with chat today and another hour on the phone with a tech rep and got nowhere. Don't tell me to restart the phone and reload the app - must have done it half a dozen times. Ticket number is 1221007226. Someone must have messed with the software somewhere and it's not possible we have the only two phones which are affected. If we can't get help quickly we will have to move to another service.
ab1945

Re: International call - not a valid number

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:06 pm

Hi ab1945. This is Tracfone - Maria. Our sincere apology for the inconvenience this has caused you. This is never the way we want you or any of our customers to feel. Allow us to have another opportunity to assist you and ensure to provide you with a concrete resolution. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby lmyers77 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:30 pm

Me too! I have been calling Montreal, Canada using TracFone for years, never had a problems connecting. And like the previous poster, around July 26, 2020, whenever I call using the TracFone access number, I get the number I am calling is not a "valid number." I see there is a new access number to call (no longer an 800 number but a 30 number) but it does not work either. What is happening??
lmyers77

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:40 pm

Hi lmyers77. I'm TracFone - Maria. We apologize that your are having problems with our international long distance feature. This is a concern that we want to look at further with you and find a resolution to. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby darius8 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:05 am

Same problem here. I'd been making international calls to Vietnam (mobile numbers) on my Tracfone, using global international cards, for 5 years until a month ago, when all of a sudden it stopped working.

Now when I called a Vietnamese mobile number from the Tracfone International App, it would say "...make sure you're calling from your TracFone, or verify that the international long distance is already active". When I called from the access number beginning with 800, it would say "the number is invalid". When I called the access number beginning with 305, it would not go through, notifying that "The call can't be processed. Make sure you're calling from your TracFone, or verify that the international long distance is already active".

My international service is active, my current global card still has more than enough credits, and I've just got a new TracFone phone with all the compatible technology.

I contacted for help from the chat window twice, who then scheduled two calls from their higher department, who then spent hours with me on the phone and still could not fix the problem. The technicians asked me to re-install the app (which I did several times), re-start the phone (which I did again and again), check to make sure Vietnam is in the global card list (and of course it is), even buy another global card (and of course I won't!!!), and wait another 24 hours to try again (and of course 24 hours would never magically do anything).

It's been a month with so many wasted hours on the phone and tremendous frustration and I still can't make my regular international phone calls to Vietnam. Tracfone, you must do something about this without making me stay on the phone for half a day each time without any desirable end results.
darius8

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Hi darius8. I'm TracFone - Maria. Our sincere apologies for the bad experience that you have gone through with our service. It break our heart to see you feel this way. Please allow us another opportunity to mend our relationship back into good standing. Your time is valuable, and we want to make sure that you get the assistance you need. For further assistance, kindly check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby RichardArthurSpence » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:11 am

I'm having the same trouble. I called today and they said I had to buy the international calling plan to call the UK. I new I didn't have to do this as it's included and always worked before. But it's only $10 so I went ahead and the same problem. I call the number, and then they text me a code that I have to enter. Often the call times out before the text arrives, but even if I get the text in time and enter it says not a valid number and hangs up. I have one this abut 5 times before I got the international calling plan, and 3 times since getting it and I always get "not a value number". It's definitely a valid number as I call it from my friends iPhone which has international dialing and it works fine.

What do I do next? I have spent 3 hours on this today,

Thanks

R
RichardArthurSpence

Postby Jude » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:08 am

Hi RichardArthurSpence. My name is TracFone Jude. We understand where you're coming from and apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Return to Tips for calling over 100 international destinations. Get tips for using TracFone’s International Neighbors program.