"Unregistered SIM" & "System Unavailable, Try Later" msgs

"Unregistered SIM" & "System Unavailable, Try Later" msgs

Postby jbette » Thu May 21, 2020 12:33 am

Hello - I have recently turned on my LG 306G phone (from having been off for several months) and found that it displays "Unregistered SIM". Presuming it was just due to having not been on/used for a while, I proceeded to try to 'Add Airtime'. But after I enter the Airtime PIN, I receive a "System Unavailable, Try Later" message. This has been continuous (both messages) for the past three days.

Also, today, I purchased a SIM KIT (for when I log onto my TracFone account, 'MY DEVICES' page shows my one device as/under: 'Inactive Devices' ... and when I click the 'ACTIVATE' button, I receive a "Sorry; that SIM card has expired. To purchase a new one, click here" message) ... which had three SIM cards for AT&T, T-Mobile, & Verizon.
When I tried to replace my existing SIM with any/all of them - I received a "SIM Lock Code-1" message.

Please tell me what I can/need to do to get service & add airtime. Thank you.

{side-note: Support (online/chat, SMS 611611, and 1.800.867.7183) appears to be completely down/unavailable}
jbette

Re: "Unregistered SIM" & "System Unavailable, Try Later" msg

Postby Jude » Thu May 21, 2020 10:42 am

Hi jbette. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby jbette » Fri May 22, 2020 6:07 pm

Jude/whomever it may concern:

As mentioned in my previous post: "Support (online/chat, SMS 611611, and 1.800.867.7183) appears to be completely down/unavailable" ... CHAT/etc are still down/inaccessible.

I have attempted on two different laptops & ensured that Ad-block was turned off ... still Chat is inaccessible (the icon is not clickable).

I have also tried calling the 1-800-867-7183 (call center) & tried to SMS 611611 - both are inaccessible as well.
When I call the 1-800 number - I get: "Check Call Restrictions-34" message on display.
And when I try to send text to 611611 - I receive: "Network is Unavailable".

Does anyone know if/when Support will be back up?
I just want to know if I should make other arrangements/purchase a different phone & service.
jbette

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri May 22, 2020 6:32 pm

Hi jbette. This is Tracfone Maria. Our chat link and hotline number is currently up and running. Allow us to assist you with your concern. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby UnderCat » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:53 pm

I am having the same problem with my LG 306G phone. Were you able to get this resolved? The Tracfone website is not working for me.
UnderCat

Postby Jude » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:12 pm

Hi UnderCat. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby UnderCat » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:39 pm

You suggested 3 ways to resolve this problem, none of which work:

1) I tried contacting you via the chat link as requested however chat is inaccessible (the icon is not clickable).

2) I tried calling the 800 number - I get: "Check Call Restrictions-34" message on the phone display.

3) I tried texting HELP via the self-service menu 611611 - I receive: "Network is Unavailable".

Is there anything else that can be tried?
UnderCat

Postby UnderCat » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:51 pm

Resolved! Since this was an very old "Inactive Device" meaning it required a new SIM card. The only way to resolve the issue was to call the 800 support number from a different phone (not the phone you are trying to reactivate). A new SIM card will be sent in 3 to 5 days after providing payment information.
UnderCat

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:03 pm

Hi UnderCat. I'm TrcFone - Maria. We apologize for the inconvenience that this issue has caused you. On the other hand, we're glad to know that your issues has already been resolved. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other queries or concerns. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.