Galaxy S7 SM-G930VL (from TracFone)

Galaxy S7 SM-G930VL (from TracFone)

Postby Myhrddin » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:14 pm

I'd watched videos about moving apps & using space on a MicroSD card since I do not like my internal storage getting filled up. The phone delivered today though.. has nothing like the menus & options that other S7's have. And, it appears that it's moved me from my deliberate choice of using AT&T SIM (because that's all that works when I'm taking care of my parents) over to CDMA (Verizon) towers. And, because TF made me buy time with it to get their version of the phone.. it did not add to my time or expiration date.. no, I have 2 plans now active on my new phone and the forced plan will expire before it returns to my normal plan.
That's 3 Major issues for me right off the bat.
I could have bought this phone properly unlocked and using the towers I need to but no.. I got it from you guys at TF and feel royally burned now.
I dropped from having 64gb internal to 32gb .. but, that would have been okay if the normal settings had been in place so I could shift apps, music, pics, etc to use the MicroSD properly. It acts like the MicroSD from my previous phone is just an external storage device for all it's letting me use it properly.
I had to drop the screen resolution too, so it wouldn't eat up the battery at an alarming rate.. Wasn't this a Flagship phone a couple of years ago.. What in the world.!
I needed to vent.. If this get's fixed right.. I will definitely post about that too but, right now I'm steaming.!
Myhrddin

Re: Galaxy S7 SM-G930VL (from TracFone)

Postby Myhrddin » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:41 pm

update :: now I try to call out and get a Verizon message that my call can not be completed because there are restrictions on the line. Guess how Extra Happy I am now.. on Friday .. another week I bet before anything can even pretend to begin to happen. I'd never have gotten a CDMA phone if I'd have known. I'd have done the byop and made sure it was GSM.
Not please about being switched to Verizon towers at all... extra NOT a Super Happy Fun experience.
Myhrddin

Re: Galaxy S7 SM-G930VL (from TracFone)

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi Myhrddin. My name is TracFone Maria. We sincerely apologize that you're having problems making and receiving calls on your phone. Please know that this is never the experience we want you to have. We can take a look into this and ensure that there is a resolution for you. Kindly check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Samsung