Can't access voicemail: says service not available

Re: Can't access voicemail: says service not available

Postby h.dakin » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:57 am

Hello, Tracfone and fellow Tracfone customers,

I am also getting this same error message which occurred all of a sudden and has been persistent for the past several days. When I try to call voicemail to retrieve messages, and after a long pause, there is an error message that says, "Service not available." I have had this number for 2 years and this is the first time there has been a voicemail error that will not allow me to retrieve messages. I was told by one representative that they will need to reset it but all messages would be "lost" from my voicemail, which is unacceptable. As many others are experiencing this same problem, Tracfone needs to look at it as not an isolated incident, but as a broader issue to address. Please resolve this issue in a way that does not cause your customers to lose important messages. I have been happy with Tracfone up until now, but will consider other options if this is not appropriately addressed and resolved. Thank-you.
h.dakin

Postby h.dakin » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:14 am

Hello, fellow Tracfone customers having difficulty with voicemail. I just spoke with a woman from Tracfone support who had me try several things which did not help with accessing voicemail by pressing "1" or calling the voicemail number. I got the same "Service Not Available" message after a long pause followed by being disconnected. However, when she had me try to call my own number from the phone, it did allow me to access voicemail to retrieve messages. If the other options aren't helping/working for you, please try calling your own number. It may allow you to access messages and not lose them. Hope this helps others as it has helped me today. Thank-you.
h.dakin

Postby TracFone - Larry » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:35 pm

Hi h.dakin. My name is TracFone Larry. I’m very sorry that you’re having issues with our service. We'll review your account and further investigate what happened to your voicemail. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby KTB » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:11 pm

I've stopped using my Tracfone voicemail because of the repeated issues with it. Didn't let me know I had messages. Wasn't available? IF I can set it up to work with a longer ring time before answering, I would like to try again. I also would like a shorter password or no password required if called from my phone. Is this possible?
KTB

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi KTB. This is Marie from TracFone Wireless. We're sorry to hear that you are having problems with your voicemail. For us to address your concerns, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Previous

Return to LG