Need to upgrade from CDMA 3G to LTE

Need to upgrade from CDMA 3G to LTE

Postby secdroid » Tue May 14, 2019 9:18 am

Happy TF user needs to upgrade from CDMA/3G Moto E because 3G stops at the end of the year and the battery may be on the way out.

Light user of talk and data, rarely text. Prefer to surf and run apps on tablet and laptop. Occasionally use apps on phone. Camera is not a priority.

Looking for low-end LTE Android replacement. Priorities are fairly current version of Android and decent reliability.

Questions --
  • Any reason to prefer CDMA or GSM in LTE era?
  • If I wanted a GSM phone, could I activate on TF? [Excellent AT&T coverage in area]
  • Any TF Androids support hotspot?

Any suggestions on models or vendors would be welcomed.
secdroid

Re: Need to upgrade from CDMA 3G to LTE

Postby TracFone - Larry » Wed May 15, 2019 1:33 pm

Hi secdroid. I'm TracFone Larry. You can choose CDMA or GSM technology phone if you are familiar with your area coverage. We can help you check the coverage that is supported in your area. Yes. You can activate a GSM phone if it is supported in your area. We do not support Smartphone Mobile Hotspot at this time. If you have further questions or concerns, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.