Problem with Customer Service and international calling

Problem with Customer Service and international calling

Postby danstar » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:08 pm

Hello. I activated a new tracfone samsung phone and it is generally working fine except for one thing.

When I dial the tracfone international number which is 305-938-xxxx to make an international call, before I even enter the long distance number, the voice states : "sorry your call cannot be processed please make sure you dial from tracfone phone." It won't let me make an international call.

So I went to the chat to get it straightened out and the person kept asking me what long distance number I'm dialing and I had to explain many times I'm only dialing the tracfone long distance number - it doesn't let me go further just that message. So she recommended i call in.

So I called and the rep told me I had to buy a card to use international service. Which is ludicrous since basic international comes free with tracfone service see here:

http://extras.tracfone.com/en/ild

So he argued with me otherwise which I don't understand - how can you have someone who doesn't know the basic rules of he service acting as customer service?

Anyway, can someone help me get the international number working on my phone?

My roommate has the exact same phone on tracfone service, same everything and the international number works and he can make long distance international calls. He doesn't need a card and just dials the number seen here:

http://extras.tracfone.com/en/ild

Thank you.
danstar

Re: Problem with Customer Service and international calling

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi danstar. My name is TracFone Maria. Sorry that you’re having a problem. Let us help you. I've sent you a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. Thanks.
TracFone - Maria

Postby danstar » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi Maria. When I start the live chat nothing happens.
danstar

Postby TracFone - Larry » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi danstar. My name is TracFone Larry. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby danstar » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi Thanks Larry and Maria.

I did the chat and then spoke with two more technical support people. The second support person was able to resolve the issue which I think involved resetting the long distance service on my account. So all is fixed.

Thank you very much.

Dan
danstar

Return to Tips for calling over 100 international destinations. Get tips for using TracFone’s International Neighbors program.