Insufficient Funds - Basic International Calls

Re: Insufficient Funds - Basic International Calls

Postby RandySea » Wed May 10, 2017 11:32 pm

Tracfone Katie says I need to contact Chat.

Tracfone Chat Raul says there is NO free basic international calling. There is only a $10 international card:

"Raul: I am sorry, but Basic International Calling is not free. You need to add a $10.00 ILD service plan in order for you to call international numbers."

Not what the website has always said:

Basic International comes with your TracFone.
No sign-up is needed. You can start using it right now!

No activation, cancellation or daily fees
Just start using it by dialing
1-800-706-3839
RandySea

Postby TracFone - Felice » Thu May 11, 2017 8:53 am

Hi RandySea. My name is TracFone Felice and I will be addressing your concern. Basic International Calling comes with the phone. You can use that without any additional fees as long as you still have voice minutes on your phone and the destination number is covered. On the other hand, we also have the $10 Global Card that can be added to the current plan as an additional service to make international calls. With this plan, you can call anywhere in the world, including mobile phones. This card will allow you to call destinations not included in your current plan. Please check your Forum inbox for assistance.
TracFone - Felice

Postby Bozone » Thu May 18, 2017 1:59 pm

I have well over 2,000 minutes and also receive an "insufficient funds" message 50% of the time when attempting overseas calls. Fix this, for crying out loud. Why all of the secrecy when responding within the forum? :(
Bozone

Postby TracFone - Ashley » Thu May 18, 2017 2:05 pm

We're sorry for the trouble, Bozone. My name is TracFone Ashley. We do not encourage you to post your personal and account information in public, for security reasons. We post answers for general inquiries and questions that do not require us to check and investigate on your account. I've sent you a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. Thanks.
TracFone - Ashley

Postby bugsby » Mon May 22, 2017 11:08 pm

I am having the same problem. For several years I have been able to use the basic international feature without any problems. Now when I try to call a land line in Austria I get the message "You have insufficient funds to proceed with this call" even though I have over 3100 minutes on my account. Please help!
bugsby

Postby TracFone - Mark » Mon May 22, 2017 11:10 pm

Hi bugsby. My name is TracFone Mark. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
TracFone - Mark

Postby billandgwen » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:51 pm

I am also getting the Insufficient Funds" message when I try dialing a UK phone number. Help
billandgwen

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:30 pm

Hi billandgwen. My name is TracFone Larry. We’re sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby Angeleah » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:02 pm

Can someone tells me how can I get my ILD Global Calling work? I had speaking of several reps already and no one has helped me.
Angeleah

Postby niladrim » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:43 pm

I just switched to TracFone two days back. For last two days I am with trying to place a basic international call. Called customer service several times. Each agent says I need to by $10 international card. The international country I am trying to call is listed in the basic international call country list.

Using 305-938-5673 doesn't work. The FREE TracFone International Dialer app is saying "PIN not set up".

Can someone help how to activate ILD for my phone? :?:
niladrim

PreviousNext

Return to Tips for calling over 100 international destinations. Get tips for using TracFone’s International Neighbors program.