Need help: can't get US to Canada calls to work

Need help: can't get US to Canada calls to work

Postby tashedelek » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:14 pm

For the past few years I've been using Google Voice+Hangouts+Hangouts dialer to call Canada via Tracfone. It was the only thing I could get to work simply and reliably. Now, however, Google is discontinuing Hangouts and Hangouts dialer and I need to find another way to phone Canada.

I read somewhere that I can now phone Canada via Tracfone just using 1+local Canadian area code+phone number. So, 1-250-123-4567. But when I try phoning from my US number, from the US, to any real Canadian number I get a message from Verizon saying something like "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. This call cannot be completed because there are restrictions on this line. Announcement 24."

I only need to be able to phone one Canadian landline number and I need that number to be able to phone me. I need to be able to call easily and reliably, and I need the Canadian family member to be able to phone me easily and reliably.

What do I do to make this happen?

Thanks for any help...
tashedelek

Re: Need help: can't get US to Canada calls to work

Postby Jude » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:46 pm

Hi tashedelek. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby earthelph » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:11 pm

I, too, have had this problem for years. Several years ago I bought the $10 card but used it only once because it never worked. Now it shows that I do not have anything left. Also, I thought I saw that you can call without the card purchase by using the prefix numbers. I have tried both ways without success and get the same "verizon" message as the previous person stated. The message I received by texting 611611 was not at all helpful.
1. Do you need to purchase the card to call? why has my purchase been removed?
2. What are the details for successfully making the call with and/or without the card?
Other than the horrible experience I have had trying to call Canada, I love Tracfone but this is very confusing and frustrating.
earthelph

Postby TracFone - Maria » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:14 pm

Hi earthelph. I'm TracFone - Maria. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you. For us to address your concerns, we need to check your account first.Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby Liz337 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:23 pm

I too have this same issue. I’ve been with Tracfone for years and don’t really want to change carriers but I’m tired of making my friends call me. If either of you have the fix the Tracfone people emailed you could you post it here?
Thanks.
Liz337

Postby TracFone - Maria » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:17 pm

Hi Liz337. I'm TracFone - Maria. We understand where you're coming from. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. We can take a look into this and ensure that there's a resolution for you today. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Tips for calling over 100 international destinations. Get tips for using TracFone’s International Neighbors program.