Low bars, people can't hear me

Low bars, people can't hear me

Postby Vargo79 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:47 pm

My father has a Tracfone that works perfectly which he's had for years. My mother and I bought our Tracfones a little over a year ago and neither get good signal. They never had more than a bar, but they still used to work okay until last October. At that point everyone we talked to would say we were cutting out and people couldn't hear us. This added a great deal more stress to my life as I suffered a medical crisis and needed to communicate with doctors. I'm now trying to coordinate various assistance services and potential employers and I need a working phone to do that. Clearly my phone and my mother's phone are on a different tower than the one my father's phone is grabbing onto. I need to go 3 blocks from my home to get more than one bar, and then it jumps right up to full three bars. How can I correct this? Can phones switch towers? If I need another phone how do I get one that I know will work?
Vargo79

Re: Low bars, people can't hear me

Postby TracFone - Larry » Wed May 01, 2019 8:32 am

Hi Vargo79. I'm TracFone Larry. We are sorry to hear that you are having some problems. We would like to discuss the details of the issue that you have experienced. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby Vargo79 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:49 pm

TracFone - Larry wrote:Hi Vargo79. I'm TracFone Larry. We are sorry to hear that you are having some problems. We would like to discuss the details of the issue that you have experienced. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.

I clicked the link you sent me as a message and it takes me to Net10's website, which is weird considering I'm a Tracfone customer on a Tracfone forum. I instead went to Tracfone's website and initiated a chat there. After a back and forth discussion I was told I needed to talk to someone on the phone. I told them I don't have access to a phone that gets a good signal and they said someone would call me on my phone in 15 minutes. No one did. Clearly your company has no interest in providing working service or customer assistance. I will not be retaining your service moving forward.
Vargo79

Postby TracFone - Larry » Fri May 03, 2019 8:37 am

Hi Vargo79. I'm TracFone Larry. Sorry for the trouble. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Links to TracFone service maps and discussions about coverage.