3G 4G reception

3G 4G reception

Postby Philip Parent » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:13 pm

I am having difficulty getting coverage in my apartment building with an LG 3G phone. I was told that one way to deal with that problem was to get a new SIM card - some kind of updating which would lead to better ability to make and receive calls. Another person said I should get a 4G cellphone and that this newer, more powerful phone should solve the problem for me. Is one or two of these things true? What is the cost of a new SIM card, if this is one way to solve my problem? Thank you.
Philip Parent

Re: 3G 4G reception

Postby TracFone - Katie » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi Philip Parent,
My name is TracFone Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. It is located at the top left corner of your screen. It is next to User Control Panel. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Re: 3G 4G reception

Postby keepitsimple » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:50 pm

I believe my concern falls into this same category but since the original post was not answered publicly, I can't just read the answer/response.

While traveling recently I was in an area covered according to your coverage map (see attachment)
725.png
725.png (37.6 KiB) Viewed 1657 times
and retained cell service but mobile data was NOT available. I have a Samsung BYOP that utilizes the Verizon network. A person with me had direct service from Verizon and also had a Samsung and was able to use their mobile data.

Why are Tracfone customers limited in functionality compared to those who have service with the network provider?
keepitsimple

Return to Links to TracFone service maps and discussions about coverage.