Loss of service when travelling

Loss of service when travelling

Postby ddstratton » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:56 pm

This has happened to us several times now. When we travel South on I-81, within moments of crossing the PA/MD border we lose service and do not get it back until moments after crossing the WV/VA border. Then when travelling North on I-65, we will lose service moments after crossing the TN/KY border and won't get it back until near Louisville. Is this common??? It's just very strange to me that we consistently lose service when crossing certain state borders. Makes the service very unreliable and practically useless when travelling. Coverage maps show that there SHOULD be coverage...
ddstratton

Re: Loss of service when travelling

Postby TracFone - Felice » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi ddstratton. My name is TracFone Felice. We are sorry for the trouble. Please check your Forum inbox for a message.
TracFone - Felice

Postby Melisaram » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:53 am

I'm having this same problem. My phone use to work in these area to now it doesn't. I was told by tracfone to turn phone off and back on in those areas so it could search for a tower but that didn't work
Melisaram

Postby TracFone - Felice » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:56 am

Hi Melisaram. My name is TracFone Felice. We are sorry for the trouble you have with your phone's service. Let us get your issue resolved. Please check your Forum inbox for a message.
TracFone - Felice

Postby birdgal » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:15 pm

I am having the same problem. In 2 trips over the past 6 months into E. Washington I can barely send a text or make a call, even by larger cities like Spokane. I will even get 2-3 bars but when I call it won't connect and sometimes give out of service area message. I've restarted phone many times while travelling. I have a LG l22c 3g phone and wonder if the 4g service isn't working w/3g phone. About to give up.
birdgal

Postby TracFone - Felice » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:26 am

Hi Birdgal. My name is TracFone Felice. We are sorry about your issue. Let us help you. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information.
TracFone - Felice

Postby debyh » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:09 pm

Having the same problem. I'm using an Apple 5 se TracFone compatible. In specific areas on the California coast I get a roaming message. I never got this message before (but never got service either). I'm asked if I have a prepaid provider and then enter my pin. Do I have a 'prepaid provider' for this and is my pin the same as my security pin? I recently set up an Apple Tracfone compatible for my elderly aunt and uncle who live in this 'no man's land' and hope they will be able to get service but don't know how.
debyh

Postby TracFone - Larry » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:56 am

Hi debyh. I'm TracFone Larry. I read your post and I am sorry you’re having some problems. Let us help you troubleshoot your phone. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Links to TracFone service maps and discussions about coverage.