Can I use GSM in my area

Can I use GSM in my area

Postby NCJen » Fri May 27, 2016 7:06 pm

Currently I use a CDMA Phone and would like to upgrade to 4G LTE. When I browse 4G phones on the TF website, only choices are GSM phones. All the lower-end phones are CDMA ones.

If I BYOP, how do I know if I should grab a GSM or CDMA one? Is one better in my zip code?

(Zip Code = 28560 New Bern, NC)
NCJen

Re: Can I use GSM in my area

Postby Tracfone - Kyle » Fri May 27, 2016 7:08 pm

Hi, NCJen. My name is TracFone Kyle. We will need to check that. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thanks.
Tracfone - Kyle

Re: Can I use GSM in my area

Postby dexnjan » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:26 am

I recently put my older AT&T iphone 4 into the BYOP program. It was not a hard to do process, but using my actual zipcode in the questionnaire resulted in being assigned to GSM provider T-Mobile and my signal level in my own house said "no service". I researched the problem with my friends who have GSM phones and found that the only successful GSM phones here in our zipcode were using AT&T as their provider. I did a bit more research, and found that if I used a zipcode for a nearby city that would assign my phone to AT&T as my provider. Now I have excellent signal level and the problem is solved. Tracfone needs to do it's homework!
dexnjan

Return to Links to TracFone service maps and discussions about coverage.