Bad Coverage

NO RECEPTION!!!

Postby SarahOliver » Tue May 28, 2013 1:21 pm

I just received my SafeLink phone on 6/25/13. I have ZERO reception in my house, driveway and yard and I have to stand in the middle of our street to make calls. Even then reception is shoddy at best. I am unemployed and need this phone to work ALL THE TIME so I can get calls for interviews. I had a TracPhone pre-paid cell that worked 100% better than this one, and I would love to know what this company plans on doing about reception issues. What good is this phone if I can't use it? Your service coverage map states that my area is well within the limits, so what's the deal? I would like a better phone with a stronger antennae if at all possible. This is ridiculous. Your ads say this is a way for people on fixed or low incomes to stay in touch with jobs and family, but at this rate, I may miss out on the opportunity to even get a job. Not Pleased At All.
SarahOliver

Re: Bad Coverage

Postby Elle » Tue May 28, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi SarahOliver. My name is TracFone Elle. Let me help you. To assist you further, please reply to this post at least four times so you can send me a private message with your phone's serial number or IMEI/MEID. Thanks.
Elle

Postby Boogie Man » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:13 pm

For James L. What provider does your wife use if she gets good coverage in your home?
Boogie Man

Postby Boogie Man » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:19 pm

I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro and my wife has a Galaxy J3 Luna Pro. We get great coverage almost everywhere except at home. We currently both have Verizon through Tracfone. Ha anyone had experience with cell phone signal extenders and do they work with Verizon Tracfone? Verizon has a dedicated extender that runs off the wifi router. Anyone help with this? I'd think Tracfone folks would have heard of what products (signal extenders) would help. Thanks to anyone with ideas.
Boogie Man

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:40 am

Hi Boogie Man. I'm TracFone Maria. We read your post and we're sorry that you are having network issues. Allow us to review your account so we can provide a concrete resolution for this issue. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby MLC* » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:29 am

Hi my name is Monica and I purchased a LG328BG for business and the coverage is bad in my home and at my job. The unreliability of the phone is very frustrating.
MLC*

Postby Jude » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:46 am

Hi MLC*. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble you've experienced with your phone. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby Bode » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:15 am

Add me to the list. Earlier this year, I was forced to upgrade to 4G, and I bought a Tracfone TCL A502DL phone, because my old smartphone was not 4G-capable. Before the upgrade, with just 3G service, I was able to get a signal and receive and make phone calls and text messages about 85% of the time. Being in a rural area, this was acceptable to me. Now, with the 4G service and the new phone, I'm lucky if I get a decent enough signal to make a phone call or send or receive a text message about 10% of the time. I can't even receive a text reply from 611611. Before I quit Tracfone and try some other option, I am willing to work with Tracfone tech support to determine what the cause of my poor 4G service is and whether there is some way to improve it. Please advise. Thanks.
Bode

Postby Jude » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:19 am

Hi Bode. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Previous

Return to Links to TracFone service maps and discussions about coverage.