SIM didn't work in new phone, now won't work in old phone

SIM didn't work in new phone, now won't work in old phone

Postby IBrokeMySimCard » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:46 pm

I bought a new phone that I wanted to use with my Tracfone service. I put my existing Tracfone SIM card in it, but only some call and text features worked.

I gave up and moved the SIM card back to the LG smartphone I originally bought from Tracfone. However, something is wrong. Even with the SIM card back in the original Tracfone smartphone, I can't send or receive MMS messages.

Whenever I send a group text, it gets stuck trying to send indefinitely. When I restart the phone it marks the message as 'failed to send, tap to try again'.

Whenever I receive a group text, it shows up as an 'unsupported file' texted to me by the sender.

I want to submit a support ticket, but can't find the option on the Tracfone webpage.
IBrokeMySimCard

Re: SIM didn't work in new phone, now won't work in old phon

Postby Jude » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:56 pm

Hi IBrokeMySimCard. My name is TracFone Jude. We understand where you're coming from and apologize for the trouble this has caused you. We'd like an opportunity to review your account and make sure you're getting the best service. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Return to Making the transition to TracFone prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.