No Service or Wi-Fi calling

No Service or Wi-Fi calling

Postby Opus » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:22 pm

I went the BYOP route with the kit. The kit contains SIM cards for both ATT compatible or unlocked phones AND T Mobile compatible or unlocked phones which I found confusing. My phone is an unlocked LG Stylo 2 Plus from Metro PCS (T Mobile system) but I understand Tracfone is ATT based so I registered with the ATT SIM card.
Now I can only make Emergency calls and the phone says "ER05 Invalid SIM Card" but the phone received a message and I was able to send a reply back to Tracfone. The Wi-Fi Calling icon appears but it doesn't work. Also, in Settings>About Phone, the number is "Unknown".
When I try the other SIM card for T Mobile it says "ER99" and "Emergency Calls Only". No Wi-Fi Calling icon is present. So far Tech Support hasn't been able to help. I think I may have registered both SIM cards.
Opus

Re: No Service or Wi-Fi calling

Postby TracFone - Maria » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:24 pm

Hi Opus. My name is TracFone Maria. Sorry that you’re having a problem. Let us help you. I've sent you a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. Thanks.
TracFone - Maria

Postby rob207l » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:48 am

I have an LG Stylo 2 Plus from T-Mobile that I want to unlock and use with Tracfone, but I got no response when texting BYOP to 611611. Can anyone confirm that a T-Mobile sourced Stylo 2 Plus will work with Tracfone, and, if so, whether or not it will use wi-fi for data? (Wi-fi data would be the issue, no so much calls or texts.) -Thanks.
rob207l

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:37 pm

Hi rob207l. I'm TracFone - Maria. To check if your phone is compatible with our BYOP program, please visit our website at https://www.tracfone.com/keep-your-own-phone. For us to address your concerns, kindly check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Making the transition to TracFone prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.