Balance Wrong After Number Port-In

Balance Wrong After Number Port-In

Postby Madness » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:41 pm

OK, I'm an existing Tracfone customer who had just ported-in a number from a VOIP (consider it a landline) provider. This changed my TF number. However, my service end date was set to today (12/2), which I had corrected by calling customer service.

But my airtime balance is still incorrect. It currently shows 0.15 MB of data & just under 500, each, of texts & minutes. Yet, before the number change, I had around 2.2 GB of data, around 2,200 texts & 1,500 minutes (a yearly card had been added to the account).

Now, I was having a hard time communicating w/ the service rep. She kept on stating that she couldn't understand, "some of the words I said/sent." So, I had to keep repeating myself. But, finally, she changed the service-end date to 5/8/2021 (which is correct) & said something about having to wait for the, "system to update." I had asked her to checked under my old number, but I think she said that she was unable to. So, just wondering if I can get my missing balance back.
Madness

Re: Balance Wrong After Number Port-In

Postby Jude » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:37 pm

Hi Madness. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby Madness » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:02 pm

OK, well I had an online chat w/ a rep (not sure if I can give name). She shows my balance as what the My Account app shows: 0MB data, 469 minutes & 487 texts (current). She stated that she was unable to look up previous balance, under my old number, & that she really couldn't do anything further on her end.

Just seems wrong to me that porting/changing a number should wipe out ones balance. And even more that they won't make this right.
Madness

Postby Madness » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:49 pm

So, do you not follow-up to posts? I did as instructed & spoke to a rep via chat. She stated that she was unable to do anything about my lost balances nor could she find anything under my old number (I still find that hard to believe). What if I can locate the receipt for the yearly card that had been added in May of this year? That added quite a few texts & minutes, but I only use the phone sparingly.
Madness

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi Madnes. This is TracFone - Maria. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced with your minutes. We would like to have an opportunity to review your account so we can provide a concrete resolution for this issue. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby Madness » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:36 pm

I've already been through an online chat. And I was basically told, flat-out, that there was nothing the person could do. That was after I asked her to check under my old number (still find it hard to believe that you have NO history or records of usage under the latter). Going through another chat would feel like beating a dead horse.
Madness

Postby TracFone - Maria » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:54 pm

Hi Madness. This is TracFone - Maria. We understand where you're coming from. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you. I've sent you a private message. Kindly check your Forum inbox. Thanks.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Making the transition to TracFone prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.