Missing texts and data after unsuccessful transfer

Missing texts and data after unsuccessful transfer

Postby pvelasco » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Hi there,

Short story: after an unsuccessful attempt to transfer my phone number and balances to a different phone, I had my phone number and balances transferred back to the original phone. I got back all my minutes, but I'm missing over 9,000 texts and 2 GB.

Detailed story:
I wanted to transfer my phone number, together with balances, from a BYOP smartphone to a feature phone, so I contacted customer service via chat yesterday. The representative, after confirming for me the current balances, also confirmed that the transfer was possible and that the balances will transfer to the new phone. When he did the transfer, the phone number transfer, but not the balances: it only showed the balances that the new phone had already there.
After a few hours, I contacted customer service again, via chat, and they told me that the balances had transferred successfully, that I just had to wait.
After 24 hrs without any updates, I contacted customer service again, via chat. The representative told me she would help me transfer the balances. The first thing she did was to delete the old balance and days of service that I already had in my phone, since it had been deactivated for a long time. After zeroing them, she generated a code that gave me back my days of service. So far, so good. But when she tried to give me back my balance, it didn't work. We tried maybe 5 or 6 different codes. She concluded this was an old phone, and that she couldn't add the minutes.
So we tried to bring my number and balances back to the original phone. To reactivate the original phone, I used a new SIM that I had with 500 min/text/MB. The transfer back of the number and minutes was successful, but not the text and MB. Originally, I had 2793 minutes, over 12K texts and 4.8 GB, and I only got back 2793 minutes, 2793 texts and 2793 MB. The representative told me they could only verify the 2793 minutes, but not the other original balances. I told the representative that I had a copy of the original transcript, in which the first representative had confirmed for me the balances, plus a snapshot of my account. Still, she said she couldn't confirm it, and that I could not upload the files. After over two hours chatting with the representative, she wouldn't add the missing texts/data.
Could you please let me know what I need to do to get my text/data back?

Thank you.
pvelasco

Re: Missing texts and data after unsuccessful transfer

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:01 pm

Hi pvelasco. I'm TracFone Maria. We truly understand how you feel. Please know that this is never the experience we want you to have. We'd like to speak with you again to fully investigate your case and straighten things out. Kindly check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Making the transition to TracFone prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.