Trouble Porting Away From Tracfone

Trouble Porting Away From Tracfone

Postby amandah73 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:10 am

I am having trouble porting my number away from Tracfone. Two days ago I activated my new phone with Cricket and the request was put in. They said it would work then. It didn't. I called Cricket and they said it would work by 12 pm the following day. It didn't. I have called Tracfone twice, but it's like the guys I've talked to don't know what I'm talking about. I have received several different answers and explanations, and it's a struggle to understand their accents, so I just end up confused. One guy told me the request was put in at 12:14 pm two days ago, which isn't possible since I didn't go to the store and request it until that evening. I was also told it takes 24 hours, and it takes 2 days, call to speed things up, but it happens automatically...but then I hear from other people that sometimes it happens almost immediately. I have called Cricket again and they said my porting status is confirmed but that Tracfone isn't releasing my number. They advised me to call Tracfone again. I want to talk to someone who knows what they're talking about and isn't just making stuff up! And obviously someone who speaks better English would be nice.
amandah73

Re: Trouble Porting Away From Tracfone

Postby TracFone - Katie » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:11 am

Hi amandah73,
My name is TracFone Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Postby csrichter » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:19 am

My new carrier submitted a number porting request yesterday, but Tracfone has not completed the request. I called Support but keep getting disconnected when they try to transfer me to the porting department, and the chat feature on the web site does not work. How can I get assistance with releasing my number?
csrichter

Postby TracFone - Katie » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi csrichter,
My name is TracFone Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem with your request to port out your number. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Return to Making the transition to TracFone prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.