Cannot use cellular data network on IPhone 5s

Re: Cannot use cellular data network on IPhone 5s

Postby TracFone - Felice » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:55 am

Hi nanocraft. My name is TracFone Felice. Sorry about the problem you have with your data. Let us help you with this. Please check your Forum inbox for assistance.
TracFone - Felice

Postby pookiehead88 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:11 pm

Hi,

I'm having the same issue on an iPhone 5s. I pay for cellular data but can't access data when out of range if any WIFI. I keep getting the "could not activate cellular data network" error or 'not connected to internet'. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
pookiehead88

Postby TracFone - Katie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi pookiehead88,
My name is TracFone Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. It is located at the top left corner of your screen. It is next to User Control Panel. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Postby brandon3.5 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi,

My iPhone 6 plus is having the same problem. Even adding more data to the sim card didn't work. I tried downloading the setting profile as well, but that still doesn't work. Please help.
brandon3.5

Postby TracFone - Katie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi brandon3.5,
My name is TracFone Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. It is located at the top left corner of your screen. It is next to User Control Panel. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Postby ytwu88 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:52 pm

My iphone 6s plus is having this issue too. Can someone help or tell me how to fix it? Thanks.
ytwu88

Postby TracFone - Katie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi ytwu88,
TracFone - Katie

Postby pookiehead88 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:05 am

Hey everybody, I called Customer Service and they got me up and running. Here's the steps that worked for me.

Go to Settings and turn off Wi-Fi and Airplane Mode and then go to Cellular and turn on Cellular Data (it is not already on). Turn your phone completely off. Wait 30 seconds. Turn phone on. Open your browser and try to access the internet. Worked right away for me. Then she said, and this is weird because it's an iPhone, but she said I can only have either Wi-Fi OR Cellular Data turned on at any given time. Maybe something to do with the carrier. Weird that I'd have to turn Wi-Fi on when I come home/work but then turn IT off and Cellular Data on when I'm out and about. Anyway, it's working now so that's what I'll do.
pookiehead88

Postby ardun » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:32 pm

I recently upgraded my Iphone 5 to IOS 10.3.3. Since upgrading I have been having issues with texting and using safari. Items will not send or receive unless connected to WiFi.

To make matters worse when trying to use my phone at my work environment I now receive a No Service notification. (I also have a work provided cell phone and in the work environment it is showing that it has signal and service.)

I called tech support today while at the work environment and we tried to update APN settings and took out and replaced the sim card.

Any ideas as I am stumped and I really need to be able to use my cell phone during the day.
ardun

Postby TracFone - Katie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:41 pm

Hi ardun,
TracFone - Katie

PreviousNext

Return to Accessing websites and other Web discussions.