connection failed message

Re: connection failed message

Postby TracFone - Mark » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:28 am

Hi jplphoto. My name is TracFone Mark. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
TracFone - Mark

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:16 am

Hi jplphoto. Please clear the browser history, cache and cookies. Turn the phone off and back on. The phone must have at least three signal bars for the data feature to work properly. Kindy refer to TracFone Mark's private message if still not working. Thanks.
TracFone - Larry

Postby 2515_tfof » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:13 pm

I have the same problem with my samsung t404g. I can't open the browser or send or receive picture messages. I have already tried turning the phone on and off again and the problem didn't go away.
2515_tfof

Postby TracFone - Felice » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:15 pm

Hi 2515_tfof. My name is TracFone Felice. Please check your Forum inbox for a message.
TracFone - Felice

Postby Melva23 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:31 pm

I'm so tired of sitting on the phone for nothing. Internet says connection failed and mms says unable to send. I've got a lg306g prepaid You can't say Internet won't work because my brother has the same cell and his works.
Melva23

Postby TracFone - Mark » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:47 pm

Hi Melva23. My name is TracFone Mark. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
TracFone - Mark

Postby Jude » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi Melva23. Turn the phone off and turn it back on after a minute. Check if the phone have at least three signal bars. Try to access the browser. If still not working, kindly refer to TracFone Mark's private message for assistance. Thanks.
Jude

Postby cparke » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:41 pm

I finally figured out how to get all data functions to work on this LG 306G, despite the worthless technical support agents who have no clue what to do. Don't bother using Chats, Email, or calling the normal support phone number, if you want to get results.

My phone came with an AT&T SIM card (C4 on the box and the SIM), as I believe is the case with everyone else experiencing this problem with the phone out of the box. I have a personal theory these phones were programmed at the factory for T-Mobile SIM cards but the packaging plant messed up and installed AT&T ones, so they decided to sell the lot off deeply discounted and make us struggle to get it re-programmed or return it to them to correct.

Initially all data services (Internet Browser, Multimedia Messaging, and Email) were not working ("Connection Error") for me too. To fix that, you can reach the proper agents who know how to send the necessary over-the-air data profile update to the phone by calling: (800) 876-5753 or (800) 353-1842 and follow the phone menu tree to the "Internet/MMS problems" technical support agents. Note: If the agent you get sends your phone an update that doesn't immediately fix the internet browser after rebooting the phone, hang up and re-dial; the call probably rang through to a regular agent who doesn't know what he is doing. If they are following the correct script, they should ask you to retrieve Parameter 119 in Code Entry mode and it should say 'tfdata'. There is no 24-hour wait if the correct thing was done. The agents seem to be trained to describe the phone's problem as the "wrong rate plan". I call it the wrong carrier profile, but whatever. Also, I would make the call during business hours, less likely to get one of those pesky off-shore agents who will waste hours troubleshooting before hanging up on you or transferring you to someone else to start over with you.

After Internet service was fixed, however, I still had an issue with multimedia messaging. I could send outgoing MMS to other phones just fine, but when incoming ones arrived and I clicked 'Get' to Download, the phone would deduct minutes and then throw up the error box, "Unable to Retrieve Message!" Re-downloading just resulted in getting charged again for the same error box. You can test if you have this condition (once data is working in the browser) by sending a message with a small attachment (like a Vcard) to your own number; if the message doesn't arrive in your inbox shortly, incoming MMS is broken despite working data services. If you have this problem, it isn't actually a phone issue, it is a carrier activation error. The carrier (AT&T) is sending your incoming Multimedia Message to the wrong server! Parameter 122 in Code Entry mode, which displays the MMSC the phone is using, should say 'mms-tf.net', the problem is AT&T is sending the incoming messages to mms.cingular.net instead, and no, Tracfone normally will not change the phone to point there instead. To fix this problem, they must reconfigure the AT&T line settings using their MVNO tool, and I don't think normal customer service representatives have access to that. Therefore, to get the fix, you'll have to either open a BBB complaint ticket against Tracfone and wait for Tracfone to call you to resolve the complaint by making the update, or you just call the Tracfone Executive Resolutions Dept. directly (bypassing BBB complaint process) Mon-Fri 8-5 EST at (305) 715-6500. The representative there knew what my problem was very quickly and how to resolve it. However, I think it is just one person or a very small group at this phone number, so be nice and don't call here unless you are fully prepared and your problem is already verified and all other efforts have failed.

Alternatively, getting a new SIM card on the alternate carrier (T-Mobile - T5) probably would resolve all these issues in a hopefully straightforward and automated way, but really getting Tracfone service on AT&T is somewhat difficult so you probably don't want to do that unless you happen to also live in an area where AT&T has poor coverage and T-Mobile is better (I don't think there are many such places). This approach has not been confirmed by any one to work yet, either.

I think that should address all the data issues with the LG306G phone everyone is recently experiencing, please search all the forums here for "306G" if you have any other issues or difficulties before starting a new topic on this same issue.
cparke

Postby burner82 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:49 pm

I am having the same problem with an LG306G. Every time I try to connect using the default browser or Opera Mini I am not able to. What should I do to fix this?
burner82

Postby alita » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:53 pm

Hi burner82. My name is TracFone Alita. Sorry that you’re having a problem. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thank you.
alita

PreviousNext

Return to Accessing websites and other Web discussions.