No mobile data

Re: No mobile data

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:37 am

Hi atulo50. I'm TracFone Larry. I'm sorry that you are having issues with your data. We'll be happy to help you get your issue resolved. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby zuijlen » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:39 pm

I also have the same problem with an LG rebel. I tried support through SMS but didn't get me me much further.

Thus far, I checked APN settings, which are fine.

I tried setting to LTE as suggested in the FAQ, but that is not possible on the LG Rebel.

I restarted the phone, but no success.

BTW, the Help through SMS seems automated, that's why I post here.

I recently updated my phone from a ZTE flip phone to the LG rebel and everything else works OK.

As I'm apparently not the only one with this problem. Perhaps the FAQ should be updated.
zuijlen

Postby TracFone - Larry » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:44 am

Hi zuijlen. I'm TracFone Larry. I'm sorry that you are experiencing issues with you Mobile Data. We'll be happy to help you troubleshoot your phone. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby parryvt » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:58 pm

I'm having the same problem. No mobile data with Rebel 4. Please help!
parryvt

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi parryvt. I'm TracFone Larry. I'm sorry that you're having issues with your data service. We'll be happy to help you address your concern. We need to take this offline so we can address it further. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby danservo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:48 pm

I'm having the same problems as above. Able to connect to Internet when Wifi is there but not through the network.

Thanks!
danservo

Postby TracFone - Larry » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:27 am

Hi danservo. I'm TracFone Larry. I apologize for the service interruption. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby kharrisma » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:30 am

I don't think there IS a tracfoneLarry... he keeps giving the same rubber-stamp "answer" to everyone. And, so far, that "answer" has helped no one;or if it has, nobody has posted back saying so. Hey tracfone Larry.... why can't you give an answer openly on this forum so that somebody looking for an answer to this problem might read it and not have to post another question? That's kind of the point of having a forum, isn't it? Why do you have to hide your replies within private messages?

Having said that, I have the same problem; mobile data is on, I have literally thousands of minutes of service, but my Samsung Galaxy Sky phone will not connect to the internet when I'm not near a wifi connection. Speaking of which, many if not most of the times, my phone gives me a hard time about connecting to what it sees as an "unsecure connection." I'm not given an option to connect anyway; I have no intention of typing in any passwords or other personal information, but that doesn't matter since it won't connect anyway. In short: when away from home or a "secure" wifi connection, other than making phone calls or sending texts, this thing is pretty much useless. Can't use it as a GPS, or search for directions or a decent restaurant nearby or look up the phone number of a local business... all things "normal" cell phones are perfectly capable of. Which is what I thought I was getting when I bought this thing. Turns out it's "crippled" for anything other than phone calls and connecting to wifi hotspots. Other than the fancy screen and the android OS and the ability to download apps/games and such, it isn't any better than my old flip-phone. It should really be made more clear that this phone will not connect to the internet away from a wifi hotspot, that it's not a fully-featured cellphone.

So, once again, here's a post complaining about the inability of this phone to connect to the internet when away from a wifi hotspot... and please don't give me that same foolish "check your inbox" answer. I'm looking for an answer that works, or a statement that this phone just isn't capable of internet access outside of a wifi connection.
kharrisma

Postby TracFone - Larry » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:52 am

Hi kharrisma. I'm TracFone Larry. I apologize for the inconvenience. We can provide the basic troubleshooting steps by turning the phone off and back on and test the phone. If that does not fix the issue, the phone requires advanced troubleshooting which also requires your phone number, SIM card number and your physical address for us to check if the phone is properly provisioned in the system or if there is an outage in your area. Unfortunately, we cannot discuss this on the forum wall for security reasons.
TracFone - Larry

Postby kharrisma » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:17 am

Okay, that makes sense that if you need personal information to troubleshoot, it shouldn't be handled in an open forum. I think it would make sense to make this fact apparent when answering a post so that crabby old men like me won't be going off on you for what looks like a lack of transparency, but is really protecting privacy.

Most other forums I frequent have users talking to users, helping each other solve their problems... this forum, however, seems to be more of a fancy "contact us" venue than a true forum. I prefer forums because I can deal with my issue in small bites when I have time to do so; I intensely dislike having to be nailed to my computer for an indeterminate amount of time doing a "chat" with someone until the problem is solved, or deemed unsolvable. Same applies for phone support. It's like getting onto a roller-coaster ride: you're on for the duration, and can't get off when you want or need to.

It's at times like these when I begin to question the wisdom of going the "saving-money-by-not-paying-big-bucks-to-a-plan-provider" TracFone route.

So what do I have to do to turn this brick into an internet-access capable (away from wifi) device?
kharrisma

Previous

Return to Accessing websites and other Web discussions.