Moto G4 (BYOP) and VoLTE issue and Verizon

Moto G4 (BYOP) and VoLTE issue and Verizon

Postby larmocida » Wed May 15, 2019 9:16 pm

I have a an unlocked Moto G4 that I brought over to TracFone via BYOP program a couple of years ago from Verizon. The phone was purchased from Best Buy as an unlocked model.

Having issues calling over VoLTE.
Called customer reps today May 15, 2019. Spoke with someone in Tier 3 Corporate.
Was concerned about the end of the year ending of CDMA Verizon access.
Turned on the VoLTE provision and enabled Enhanced 4G LTE mode in cellular network settings.
Screenshot_20190515-202943.png
VoLTE provisioned turned on in Testing mode
Screenshot_20190515-202943.png (211.42 KiB) Viewed 329 times
Screenshot_20190515-202910.png
Enhanced 4G LTE Mode turned on
Screenshot_20190515-202910.png (107.13 KiB) Viewed 329 times

Tried to make a call over LTE and continue to get "Service Error" "Try again Later".
Screenshot_20190515-203011_LI     sever error.jpg
Sever Error message when dialing out
Screenshot_20190515-203011_LI sever error.jpg (240.98 KiB) Viewed 329 times

Was told by Tier 3 support that the MOTO G4 phone is on the VoLTE compatible phone list and there is nothing to be concerned about. Phone will still be able to make calls come January 2020. Just won't be able to talk and surf internet at the same time. (I find this questionable.)
She troubleshooted everything on her side. Turned on / Turned off VoLTE provisions. Turned off phone. Removed sim. Reinserted sim. Turned phone back on. Checked IMEI and sim card number. Everything was on their list. Thus, this phone does not need to be updated. BUT - when trying to test the calling over LTE I continue to get Server Error.
1) Is there something that is not configured properly on TracFone's end?
2) Is it a timing thing? Is Verizon waiting to whitelist this IMEI when the time comes to disable CDMA?
3) Or does TracFone need to reach out to Verizon ?
4) Do I need a new sim card?

These are the questions I have. {As of right now, I can make calls over the cellular network, access the internet over LTE and wifi, and no problems with voice mail or text msgs.} Please see attached pics.
Anymore insight that you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks.
larmocida

Re: Moto G4 (BYOP) and VoLTE issue and Verizon

Postby TracFone - Larry » Thu May 16, 2019 10:40 am

Hi larmocida. I'm TracFone Larry. We are sorry to hear that you are having some problems. We need to check if the phone is properly provisioned in the system for us to provide you the proper troubleshooting procedure. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your TracFone.