Text doesn't work properly

Text doesn't work properly

Postby Wayfinder » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:29 am

When we purchase airtime with "minutes and text"... that text should come across standard phone lines.

Instead, for some reason TracFone text comes across DATA lines, and requires the purchase of an additional data card . It also requires the DATA function to be turned ON... which sucks down battery time unnecessarily.

Even when purchasing a data card and having that data amount show up on our account, it doesn't seem to show up on the phone.

Whole system is borked. Have never had another phone service that failed to send text with their standard phone service, expecially when that service is advertised as "voice and text".
Wayfinder

Re: Text doesn't work properly

Postby TracFone - Amber » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:40 am

Hi Wayfinder. My name is TracFone Amber. Sorry that you’re having a problem. Let us check on this matter. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I have sent you a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. Thanks!
TracFone - Amber

Postby powell38 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:26 pm

Hello,
My husband and I both are having texting problems for the past week or so. We both have the LG Rebel, LGL44VL phone. When attempting to text, it will not send and continually says....sending..... eventually the text is just deleted. I have not received texts from him and others as well. We have rebooted, removed the battery all with no result. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
powell38

Postby Jude » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi powell38 . My name is TracFone Jude. We're sorry that you’re having a problem with your phone. Let us check on this matter. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I have sent you a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. Thank you.
Jude

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your TracFone.