Cymbal-T Z353VL External Display

Cymbal-T Z353VL External Display

Postby pwk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:43 am

My Cymbal-T shows a triangle on the external display rather than the date and time.

It does show incoming caller id, and I have already tried to use chat to understand how to change this configuration, but they had no answer.

I have gone through all the settings, searched the web and this forum for an answer?

How can I get date and time on the external display of the ZTE Cymbal T?

(Note: there is no forum for ZTE phone questions.)
pwk

Re: Cymbal-T Z353VL External Display

Postby TracFone - Felice » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi pwk. My name is TracFone Felice. We are sorry for the issue you have with your phone. Please check your Forum inbox for assistance.
TracFone - Felice

Re: Cymbal-T Z353VL External Display

Postby pwk » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:04 am

I had two chats with Tracfone on this issue, ending with the recommendation to do a full reset on the phone, which I did not want to do, as it would require reinstalling Assistant, which is not easy on Lollipop devices. (I know there will never be a version upgrade on a Tracfone; heck, I have never even heard of an Android security update being pushed, which is not really good.)

As you know, the Messaging app is always mapped to the key, no matter what the default SMS app. (Mine is set to the newer Android Messages.)

There was an old urgent text in Messaging, an Amber Alert issued as a broadcast. I happened to delete it, then lo and behold, the external display started working properly again.

If you are stuck with a triangle on the external display of your Cymbal-T Z353VL Tracfone, try deleting any urgent text messages. It seems that the triangle is notice of an alert being held in your phone, so clearing the alert clears the triangle.

It worked for me even though it was unknown to Tracfone support, so I hope that it will work for others.
pwk

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your TracFone.