Wi-Fi Calling Requirements

Wi-Fi Calling Requirements

Postby Ole » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:05 am

I have a Moto G5s Plus which is unlocked and Wi-Fi ready. The phone has been activated under Tracfone's BYOP policy and works fine on the ATT/Tracfone network. I also use ATT Wi-Fi for internet, TV and home phone so I know it works fine. However, whenever I try to activate Wi-Fi calling I get a message that my phone is not eligible for Wi-Fi calling but that I could consider buying a phone from Tracfone if I want Wi-Fi calling.

So what is the deal? It appears that Tracfone only allows phones purchased from them to use Wi-Fi calling. If this is the case to the best of my knowledge it is not spelled out anywhere which would be very deceptive.

Let's get to the bottom line. Does anybody know what controls whether a phone is allowed by Tracfone to be used for WiFi calling? I would like to get a clear explanation before I have to decide whether or not to renew my plan in the next few weeks.
Ole

Re: Wi-Fi Calling Requirements

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:58 am

Hi Ole. My name is TracFone Larry. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your TracFone.