Voicemail access stopped working

Voicemail access stopped working

Postby hansenkevin » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:59 am

Most of the time, I can't access voicemail. It was set up and working on this phone and now it mostly doesn't work. I have messages in mailbox, but when I call I get a recording that my call can't be completed and to call 611 for assistance. I am not able make voice calls or wait in a phone queue for support while at work. This problem has been somewhat intermittent, in that calls to my voicemail do go through on a rare occasion. It has been a while since the voicemail roulette wheel has been kind to me however.
hansenkevin

Re: Voicemail access stopped working

Postby Jude » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:09 pm

Hi hansenkevin. My name is TracFone Jude. Please accept our deepest apology for this experience. We do not want our customers to encounter issues about the service we offer.To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby hansenkevin » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:39 pm

This has been partially solved via live chat. :)

Access methods that now work:
1. Pressing and holding the 1 button
2. Dialing *86 (this was previously unknown to me, I had been using the "call voicemail" button or holding "1")

The solution was to change a setting under phone, voicemail menu from *68 to *86. I have no idea how the wrong numbers made it into that setting, but correcting it fixed the problems above.

Still does not work:
1. Visual voicemail-- pressing the play button eventually yields the message "couldn't play voicemail."
hansenkevin

Postby Jude » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:27 pm

Hi hansenkevin. We can try to check for a resolution to the problem with the Visual voicemail. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your TracFone.