Carry over texts and data?

Carry over texts and data?

Postby Cindi Lou » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:18 pm

I have used TracFone for the past six years and have had very little problems until now. I bought a new Android A 502DL phone last May of 2019. It worked well up until mid-January when it refused to charge the battery and/or it took a very long time to charge. I chatted with TracFone (I am partially deaf) online. The service rep did a "systems check" on the phone and found the phone needed to be replaced. They sent me a FedEx envelope to return my phone in and I sent it off on January 23. I had to do without my phone for five days. I received the new phone and tried to activate it but it would not.

I chatted online again with TracFone. The person was unable to find my account. It seems that when I returned the phone that needed to be replaced the TracFone employee sent me the new phone then DELETED my account. I was furious! I had just before I mailed out the old phone renewed my service, transaction #1400922233, for $27.24 for 500 minutes, 1000 texts and 500 MB with the service date renewed to 4.1.2020.

The employee said they were transferring my problem to another department who would call me back on my home phone (a captioned phone.) It was difficult to understand the guy on the phone who had an accent but we persevered. He contacted the Lost & ? Department who was able to find my account and restore it. Thankfully!

However, the restored account only showed my recent purchase above. It did NOT show the minutes, texts and data I had BEFORE my recent purchase. No carry over. I do not talk much on my phone because I have trouble hearing. I do text a lot and that is what is important to me. The Lost Department was able to find my previous minutes balance and restore them BUT not my texts or data.

I would like to have the previous texts and data to be carried over to the new phone. The balances before I made the purchase on January 22. Is this possible?

Please help.

Cindi
Cindi Lou

Re: Carry over texts and data?

Postby TracFone - Maria » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:14 pm

Hi Cindi Lou. I'm TracFone Maria. We sincerely apologize for the bad experience you have encountered with your minutes. Yes, we will do our best to help you. To further assist, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your TracFone.