Receiving international texts

Receiving international texts

Postby RandySea » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:03 pm

I know we have never been able to receive or send SMS messages with Tracfone. That is "official."

What totally surprised me last week was that I received an MMS message from France. An MMS is a message with a photo in it.

I verified today that this is still the case. When I had an incoming SMS from France, I didn't receive it. I just got the odd message "insufficient funds to send this message." I say "odd" because this refers to an incoming message.

When I was sent a message with a photo today, it came through fine.

Note: I have iMessage disabled, so that could not explain this.
RandySea

Re: Receiving international texts

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:41 pm

Hi RandySea. I'm Tracfone Maria. We're sorry for the trouble. Allow us to further check on it. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Re: Receiving international texts

Postby RandySea » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:11 am

TracFone - Maria wrote:Hi RandySea. I'm Tracfone Maria. We're sorry for the trouble.

This reply shows that "Maria" is just a robot, and a pretty poor example of AI at that.

I posted a bit of positive news about something working better than expected. RoboMaria replied "We're sorry for the trouble."

Wouldn't it be nice if Tracfone had real people responding substantively to posts? That would help everyone, not just the OP.
RandySea

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your TracFone.