Phone Requires plan purchase - will it be unlocked?

Phone Requires plan purchase - will it be unlocked?

Postby jocmf » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:08 pm

Hello,
I am looking to buy a new phone through tracfone. The issue is this: I will be moving overseas in the fall and would like to take this phone with me, and will need to buy a new sim card when I arrive, so need an unlocked phone. Can I buy the phone through tracfone, and use the month to month on your prepaid plans until I move? Thank you.
jocmf

Re: Phone Requires plan purchase - will it be unlocked?

Postby Jude » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:58 pm

Hi jocmf . My name is TracFone Jude. Yes, you purchase a TracFone and use our service. However, we have a process that need to be followed when you decide to have the phone unlocked. Please be advised that we can request for the phone to be unlocked as long as you meet the requirements provided by our Unlocking Policy.

Below are the unlocking requirements.

These are some of the main criteria used to determine your device's eligibility for the Unlocking Program.
1. The device must have not been reported as stolen, lost, or associated with fraudulent activity.
2. The device may have already been unlocked or device may have a pending unlock request (customer should call for resolution).
3. The device must have been activated on TracFone service for no fewer than 12 months.
4. The device must have redeemed no fewer than 12 months of service.
5. The device must have active service or be within 60 days after service expired.

Please be advised that we have a $150 fee for customers who have not met the twelve months of service requirement provided by our Unlocking Policy. We will minus $12 for every paid active month per device (cards on reserve are not calculated as paid active) which will be automatically calculated by our system. You can visit our website using this link https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com/wps/portal/home/ to view our Unlocking Policy. Thanks.
Jude

Re: Phone Requires plan purchase - will it be unlocked?

Postby jocmf » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:03 pm

Okay, great. Thank you for this helpful response.
jocmf

Return to Current specials, promotions and discount codes.