Birthday Promo Code received did not work

Birthday Promo Code received did not work

Postby BryanVR » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:59 am

Hi, I received Tracfone special offer via email today wishing me a happy birthday. It promised 40 extra bonus minutes with purchase of 120 minute card. I needed minutes anyway so tried to take advantage of promo code but never received the bonus minutes. I know there have been recent changes to the website but this is first time i've had problem. If i dont qualify for promo (and today is my real birthday) why make offer? thanks in advance.
BryanVR

Re: Birthday Promo Code received did not work

Postby Shelly » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:08 am

Hi BryanVR. My name is TracFone Shelly. Sorry that you're having a problem. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Thank you.
TracFone - Shelly
Shelly

Postby Leanneyani » Tue May 09, 2017 7:50 pm

I've experience this before even with a higher amount of airtime card. I was so excited to purchase the airtime card since the promo code promised that I will get free extra minutes. But when I added the code with the card, it only prompted for an error. Contacted tracfone but they were not able to do anything with my birthday minutes. I just accepted the fact that I won't get the free minutes it promised. I was able to avoid this from experiencing again by checking if a code would work for my phone before buying the card. There has been some changes recently, so i'm not sure if this will still work. Stacked a lot of minutes so wasn't able to try it lately. You may want to read this guide on testing promo codes for tracfone. for more info.
Leanneyani

Postby TracFone - Katie » Tue May 09, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi Leanneyani,
My name is TracFone Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. It is located at the top left corner of your screen. It is next to User Control Panel. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Postby T-FAN » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:05 pm

I would recommend you pick one of these Tracfone promo codes
T-FAN

Postby kitty17_98 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:50 pm

I just experienced this. I got a "Birthday" card in the mail from Tracfone - I usually get them every year. I don't always get to use the extra minutes code, because I can't afford/don't need to get a minute card that month, but this year it came at the right time - cause it was time to get a minute card. So I got a 60 minute card from the store and put in the airtime pin, then added the 30 minute promo code when prompted. When the message came through saying the minutes were added, it only showed my 60 minutes, plus the 120 bonus minutes I always automatically get when I add time - but no extra 30 bonus minutes from my promo code. Right after the added minute message came in another message popped up saying to contact the customer care center (it gave the 1-800 number) to complete the transaction. I called the number and explained that I had added an airtime card plus a birthday promo code to my phone and came up with the message to call to complete the transaction to the guy who answered my call. After some searching on his part he told me the promo code had already been used - in August of 2016... So I tried to explain to him that I just received this card with the promo code within the last 2 weeks - probably 1 week ago, and it was only available to use during July 1-31, 2017, so I wasn't sure how the code could already be used. After a lot more waiting for me and searching for him, he again told me that the code had already been used last year and that it couldn't be reused - which I said I understood that the other times he had explained that to me, and I just want to know how I received this promo code within these last 2 weeks, that is supposed to be used only in the month of July of the year 2017, and it is an already used code?? His only response to that was that the system that generates these cards is automated and it can resend out codes that may have been already used. That was it, no nothing else to help resolve this. So I am trying to find out why Tracfone sends out promo codes promising free bonus minutes that have already been used???
kitty17_98

Postby TracFone - Katie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:52 pm

Hi kitty17_98,
My name is TracFone Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. It is located at the top left corner of your screen. It is next to User Control Panel. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Return to Current specials, promotions and discount codes.