How is this free?

How is this free?

Postby TheHornet1962 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:02 pm

I am attempting to purchase the Samsung S336C advertised on your store website. It states in the details that if I purchase that phone bundled with an airtime card, I get the phone free. Well, the phone is advertised as costing $19.99. A 60 minute airtime card is also $19.99. So if I purchase the bundle, the phone cost should go to zero. In my book $19.99 + $19.99 - $19.99 = $19.99. Yet, when I place the bundle in my cart and even go through the checkout process up to the point of actually submitting the order, it expects me to pay $39.98 for the bundle. Either this is a bait and switch, false advertising, or a glitch on the website. Which is it? Screenshots of the Ad, bundle price, and phone in the cart are attached.
Attachments
InCart.jpg
InCart.jpg (69.65 KiB) Viewed 4912 times
bundleprice.jpg
bundleprice.jpg (64.06 KiB) Viewed 4912 times
PhoneAd.jpg
PhoneAd.jpg (112.64 KiB) Viewed 4912 times
TheHornet1962

Re: How is this free?

Postby TracFone - Mark » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi TheHornet1962. My name is TracFone Mark. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thanks.
TracFone - Mark

Postby TheHornet1962 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:00 pm

Mark, I have tried live chat twice, once on my own and once following your link. In both cases, the person on the other end is about as smart as a rock. It's my opinion that Tracfone is either guilty of bait-and-switch tactics or they are guilty of false advertising. I don't know which and it might even be both. No one at Tracfone seems to understand that when you advertise "For a limited time and while supplies last, Buy this Phone Bundled with an Airtime Card and receive a FREE phone!" you have to follow through with it. That is copied and pasted from the website, so I am not just making stuff up. This was to be a phone for my mom and she wants to be able to carry it in her pocket without accidentally dialing or messing up a screen. That's why I wanted the one shown. All I get is either to select a different phone, which by the way also doesn't offer what is advertised on it, that does not fit my needs. Check out the one that is FREE and see if it gives what it states when you select it. Tracfone is a great service. It works wonderfully in my area. Why do you want to ruin a great reputation by ripping people off this way?
TheHornet1962

Postby alita » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:11 pm

Hi TheHornet1962. My name is TracFone Alita and I'll be addressing your concern. For me to assist you further, we need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
alita

Postby T-FAN » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:59 pm

After you complete your purchase, make sure to pick Tracfone promo codes then apply it, in order to gain bonus free minutes
T-FAN

Return to Current specials, promotions and discount codes.