Double Minutes for Life not received and Tracfone playing du

Post your questions and get answers about
TracFone Double Minutes For Life (DMFL).

Double Minutes for Life not received and Tracfone playing du

Postby Mot » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:52 pm

I believe I've had Tracfone for 15-20 years and sometime over a decade ago bought a minute package with 'Double Minutes for Life'. Earlier this year I got a message that I had to buy a new phone as my existing one wouldn't be supported by the new network. I thought I might buy some more minutes at the same time so got 750.

However, when I activated the card the minutes didn't double. I tried Chat (I actually dislike phones - for multiple reasons, and use them as little as possible), but they kept insisting that the minutes I bought weren't double minutes. I asked just what part of 'Double Minutes for Life' they didn't comprehend? I've given up on these folks as useless morons. I sent snail mail to Miami explaining the situation, but they never bothered to reply.

A few days ago I learned of this group and it looked like Tracfone staff were willing to help folks with this and other valid issues. I entered my user name, selected a password and waited for the confirmation message in my inbox - it never came, for unknown reasons, and no - it is not in my junk email box. I tried again, but was told my username and email address were already in use, but I now get a message, 'The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator.' Am I really the only one who sees the major fallacy in this statement?

I next tried to look for a phone number for someone on the board - it is after all a forum about phones, but they seem to have isolated themselves very well from any other means of contact. Yesterday I started a Chat asking about any other way to contact tracfoneforum, but they insisted no such entity existed, despite the corporate logo being at the top of the screen. This just confirmed my earlier opinion.

If anyone is willing to help me end this nightmare, please contact velotrain - at - yahoo - dot - com - to trace the history my number is 617-XXX-XXX, but keep the phone turned off except when making calls and ignore messages, so use email to contact me.

Charles
Mot

Re: Double Minutes for Life not received and Tracfone playin

Postby TracFone - Larry » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:58 am

Hi Mot. I'm TracFone Larry. Thank you for being a loyal customer over the years and I'm sorry that you're having some problems. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Re: Double Minutes for Life not received and Tracfone playin

Postby Mot » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:45 pm

Larry -

I'm a very non-tech phone user and don't do text. I just tried doing a chat at 10:30, and despite a claim that it was available until 11:45 was not functioning. I'm also rather distrustful of chat as you saw from my initial post that they've been useless in the past.

BTW - I bought the minutes in June and just found a chat transcript I saved, and can forward to someone if it would help. Since I couldn't create a forum account in July I asked a casual friend if he could send a post for me. After being otherwise occupied all summer, he said he did a few days ago, but I don't know where it went. He gave me his userid and PW so I could try my luck.

Actually - I was hoping someone more intelligent than the chat staff would be willing to look into this.

Charles
Mot

Return to Double Minutes For Life (DMFL)