Unlimited Plan Issues with Data

Post your questions and get answers about
TracFone Monthly Plans.

Unlimited Plan Issues with Data

Postby thehempels » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:54 am

I have been finding an issue with data not working at each renewal time, or adding data when it runs out does not seem to work. We know someone else who has been experiencing the same issue and when that occurs they have to be on the phone for an hour with support to then try to fix an issue that they assure us will work the next time. I have had to encourage the other person to stay on board, it will get better, but I am beginning to question myself and we have 5 phones with you guys and possibly going to need another...
thehempels

Re: Unlimited Plan Issues with Data

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Hi thehempels. This is TracFone - Maria. It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience, and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your data connection. This is a concern that we want to look at further with you and find a resolution to. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby TownsS » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:14 am

I am having the exact same issue. I have called Tracfone 5 separate times. The first time, I was transferred to someone in Billing, who I think attempted to move 5 GB of data manually from my "other" plan to the "unlimited" plan, but she put in 5 MB instead. The second time, I was sent to a "supervisor" and then transferred to an automated line. The third time, I was hung up on. The fourth time, the technician attempted to reset the data connection to my phone (which is not the problem), and tried to re-synch the accounts. All 3 techs prior had done the same thing. After the 4th person tried those steps, they told me to restart my phone and if that didn't fix it to call back. I did, and had to start all over with the 5th person, who seemed annoyed that I wanted to talk to billing or a supervisor.

It's absurd that there isn't a way to get the data transferred to the unlimited plan without spending hours on the phone. If there is a solution to this, please let me know, otherwise I will be switching to another carrier because it is a nightmare trying to purchase new data and then being unable to use it.
TownsS

Postby FLACPA » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:55 pm

thehempels wrote:I have been finding an issue with data not working at each renewal time, or adding data when it runs out does not seem to work. We know someone else who has been experiencing the same issue and when that occurs they have to be on the phone for an hour with support to then try to fix an issue that they assure us will work the next time. I have had to encourage the other person to stay on board, it will get better, but I am beginning to question myself and we have 5 phones with you guys and possibly going to need another...

Did they end up fixing your issue? We are having the same issue and are very frustrated after hours and hours spent on the phone and chatting with support.
FLACPA

Postby Jude » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:07 am

Hi TownsS. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby Jude » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:21 am

Hi FLACPA. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby TownsS » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:43 pm

Just an update here, I spent another 2 hours with a technician after receiving a message from Tracfone to "reach out to resolve" it. The technician did not listen when I tried to explain that the issue is the data is on my "other" plan rather than the "unlimited" plan. Instead, they had me restart my phone 5 times, reset the network settings, try to "resync" my account. They insisted that the issue is related to my phone connecting to data.

However, there was ONE time when I was transferred to someone in billing. That person transferred 5 MB of data from my "other" plan to the "unlimited" plan. IMMEDIATELY I was able to access data again. I think she meant to transfer the full 5 GB of data, rather than only 5 MB.

Tracfone representatives - please update any documentation you have that this is the way to resolve this issue so we do not keep needing to spend hours on the phone with technicians who are trying to resolve a data "connection" issue. That is not what's happening here, it's an issue with the refill data going to an "other" plan instead of the "unlimited" plan, and the data needs to get moved into the unlimited plan.

I had to schedule a callback for 4 PM today. I asked for that callback to be from someone in the billing department because, again, the technician was attempting to resolve an issue that didn't exist. I will update this post after that call.
TownsS

Postby Jude » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:07 am

Hi ownsS. Please accept our deepest apology for this experience. We do not want our customers to encounter
issues about the service we offer. As per our interest to serve you better, we are continuously working on
improving and expanding our procedures, products and overall services. Should you need assistance, please let us know. Thank you.
Jude

Return to Monthly Plans