365 service day deal not showing up BYOP

Post your questions and get answers about
TracFone Airtime Cards.

365 service day deal not showing up BYOP

Postby Deepzai » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:13 pm

I can’t seem to get the $49.99 1 year of airtime only deal to appear on my BYOP device.

Please help me get this deal!
Deepzai

Re: 365 service day deal not showing up BYOP

Postby tomseys » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:19 pm

Seems the add-ons like the $49.99 365 day one are currently only available to users of Tracfone branded phones. I see them on the website when I check out.

Maybe you could try calling TF support and see if they could sell one to you. I don't know if that is possible.
My Phones: Tracfone iPhone 6S, Tracfone iPhone SE and Tracfone Samsung J3 Luna Pro
tomseys

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:41 am

Deepzai wrote:I can’t seem to get the $49.99 1 year of airtime only deal to appear on my BYOP device.

Please help me get this deal!

Hi Deepzai. I'm TracFone Larry. I read your post and I want to help you. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby jmaahs » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:57 pm

The tracfone chat bot told me to call customer service. Was told no problem could do it 49.99 service days over phone. Then they sold me the 1G data for $10, and afterwards said "we can't give you the $49.00 days...so sorry." Then sent to "supervisor" which was just a dead line. Then told I had a ticket number and someone would call. :shock:
jmaahs

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:38 am

Hi jmaahs. My name is TracFone Larry. I read your post and I'm sorry you are having some problems. We would like to discuss the details of your concern. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby jmaahs » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Well, I know better, but I tried the tracfone customer service phone line to resolve this issue. I have now logged about 8 calls, 2-3 hours of time, 2 ticket numbers, a pin number (thanks tracfone larry!) and a reference number. Have had my call "escalated" several times, been "transferred" to lines where nobody answered, and listened to lots of soft jazz while being placed on hold. At the end of every call, we end up with "I'm sorry you can not get the 49.99 deal with your phone.

I admit towards the end, I was just calling out of morbid curiosity to see how long this would last. I just gave the spelling of my first and last name with my contact information so that "the main" office can call me back within 24-48 hours. Of course that is the 3rd time for the name spelling, the escalation, and the callback promise that never happens.

I just wanted to say that I SURRENDER. YOU WIN tracfone. I will pay the extra money this time until I can look for alternative low cost provider.

Tracfone is awesome when the online systems are working well, and when they don't monkey around with the services. If you have to call in, then be prepared to go to battle, and set aside some time. I would also suggest knocking back a drink and palming a stress ball. Good luck to all who try.
jmaahs

Return to Airtime Cards