Cannot purchase airtime on website but I can by phone

Post your questions and get answers about
TracFone Airtime Cards.

Cannot purchase airtime on website but I can by phone

Postby RandySea » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:28 am

I have an iPhone SE (old model) and a 12 Mini. I had no problem purchasing a one-year card on the website for the SE. When I tried to do the same with the 12 Mini, I got this message:

Our partners are upgrading their network to provide you with the highest quality service. Unfortunately, this phone is not compatible and can't be activated.
But don't worry, because we're offering you $40 off any phone purchase of $40.99 or more today! Just call us at 1-800-867-7183 to get your offer.

This is obviously wrong. I've been using the 12 Mini for over a year on TFW. And when I called TFW from a landline and put in my phone number, the automated system allowed me to purchase a one-year card.
RandySea

Re: Cannot purchase airtime on website but I can by phone

Postby RandySea » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:24 am

I just tried going to a different page on the TFW website, the one called Check Remaining Balance. There it shows my iPhone12 mini and lets me check my current balance. No message about my phone not being compatible.
RandySea

Re: Cannot purchase airtime on website but I can by phone

Postby Jude » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:32 pm

Hi RandySea. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Return to Airtime Cards