How to add Wi-Fi Calling

How to add Wi-Fi Calling

Postby Aimhere » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:20 am

Hello,

I am a longtime Tracfone user. My previous phone was an unlocked Google Pixel 3a, which was supposed to be compatible with Wi-Fi Calling, but the support tool at https://www.tracfone.com/support/wifi-calling said that it wasn't. I just replaced that 3a (broken) with a 6a, which, again, is compatible with Wi-Fi calling, yet the support page again says it isn't.

The only criteria I can think of that might not be met is that the support page says a "Wi-Fi Calling compatible" SIM card must be used. I am using the same SIM I had in the 3a, and it's using the Verizon network. The SIM is at least five years old, if not older.

How do I go about getting a "compatible" SIM? Are all new retail-level SIMs compatible?
Aimhere

Re: How to add Wi-Fi Calling

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:20 pm

Hi Aimhere. I'm TracFone Maria. We're sorry to hear about this. For us to address your concern about the SIM card, we need to check your account first. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.