New number- WRONG CALLER ID

New number- WRONG CALLER ID

Postby Wartrace » Tue May 31, 2022 7:58 am

I just signed up with a new number. When I call someone else the caller ID is incorrect. Can somebody help me with this?
Wartrace

Re: New number- WRONG CALLER ID

Postby Jude » Tue May 31, 2022 9:09 am

Hi Wartrace. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby Wartrace » Tue May 31, 2022 9:28 am

Hi Jude,
I have tried 3 time calling tech support with this issue and they do not seem to know how to fix it. When I try to connect to chat there is no way to connect after I put my information in. I hate to say this but tracfone isn't doing a very good job with tech support.

My last "experience" with tech support is that they wanted me to call a number using my cell phone while talking to them on my landline. I don't have a third line in my house to call. How would I do that? They also seemed to think I would just tell everyone I might call to put me in their contacts list as a "fix". Seriously I have spent hours with tracfone support over the past few days trying unsuccessfully to move my old number to this new phone (didn't work) and now trying to get this caller id problem corrected.

How hard is it to correct a wrong caller id associated with a new phone number?
Wartrace

Postby TracFone - Maria » Tue May 31, 2022 1:38 pm

Hi Wartrace. This is TracFone Maria. We understand where you're coming from. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you. I've sent you a private message. Kindly check your Forum inbox. Thanks
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.