Unresolved transaction issues

Unresolved transaction issues

Postby 1hardlock » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:47 pm

Can't get answers from any avenue of customer "support" for a simple question:

Why was my service discontinued for no reason? Here's the first email from 2/5/22:

"Dear TRACFONE CUSTOMER,
This is confirmation of your recent cancellation request from 500-Minutes 60-days Auto-Refill Plan for cell phone number: XXXXXXXXXX
If you did not request these changes or you think this is a mistake, please call us immediately at
1 800 867 7183
Thank you,
TracFone Wireless "

My wife was out when it happened and was required to "reactivate" to continue phone use. Notice it's talking about a 60 day plan that I didn't even have. I had a 90 day plan with auto-pay. I immediately called to report the mistake. They never took it off my credit card so canceled the charge with the CC company.

Wanted to be sure my auto-pay was enacted so called to check and found out it wasn't and that I'd need to "sign-up for it". Then I received this email:

"Thank you for enrolling in Tracfone Value Plans.
We will process your payment on each Service End Date.
Transaction Summary
Phone Number xxxxxxxxxx
Last Day of Service 06/20/2022
Value Plan Enrollment YES
Plan Pay As You Go
Total Charges Summary
Credit Card ************
Transaction ID BP20220418513785959
Price 23.75
Discount and Price 1.25
Tax1 0
911 Surcharge2 1.25
Federal Universal Service .21
Regulatory Cost Recovery 4 .05
Final Purchase Amount 25.26"

At this point I'm being charged to reactivate an on-going auto-pay plan that I've had for years. No advance notice of plan change, or being dropped from auto-pay. Could not get the company to credit my card for the extra reactivation fee from February and now looks like am being charged again? They said that the "plan" starts from when you enact it even if long before your time runs out so guess you lose what you've already paid for?

Since only a 2 month plan now instead of my usual 3, this month I called to get the auto-pay reenacted but now, getting charged again for a reactivation plan.....?

At 07:16 PM 4/18/2022, you wrote:
Thank you for enrolling in Tracfone Value Plans.
We will process your payment on each Service End Date.
Transaction Summary
Phone Number xxxxxxxxxx
Last Day of Service 06/20/2022
Value Plan Enrollment YES
Plan Pay As You Go
Total Charges Summary
Credit Card ************
Transaction ID BP20220418513785959
Price 23.75
Discount and Price 1.25
Tax1 0
911 Surcharge2 1.25
Federal Universal Service .21
Regulatory Cost Recovery 4 .05
Final Purchase Amount 25.26

Since I'm under the impression (after discussing all this for an hour with the agent on the phone) I thought I had it all squared away back to 3 month plan and auto-pay, then I get this today:

At 01:58 PM 4/19/2022, you wrote:
Thank you for contacting Tracfone!
You have successfully cancelled your Value Plan Enrollment.
Transaction Summary
Phone Number xxxxxxxxxx
Last Day of Service 08/19/2022 (?)
Value Plan Enrollment NO

Totally lost now. Can't get an answer to the original question and every time I chat or call a representative I somehow end up with a new charge. Thought I'd see if there is any help on this board before I give up and switch to a competitor.... :?
1hardlock

Re: Unresolved transaction issues

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:32 pm

Hi 1hardlock. This is TracFone Maria. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you. For us to address your concern, we need to speak with you directly for security purposes. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.