asking for help with 2 problems

asking for help with 2 problems

Postby Sunkist » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:03 pm

The chatbox on Tracfone's website isn't working. I hope someone can help resolve 2 problems.

1. I had lifeline phone service thru Safelink Wireless for quite a few years, and in recent years bought compatible phones thru the Tracfone website. The one I bought last year was the only one that didn't work properly- kept shutting itself off. As it's necessary to have a phone that consistently stays on, I talked to numerous people on Tracfone chat. Although one said it wouldn't be replaced, another gave me "troubleshooting" tips and said Tracfone would replace the phone if the tips didn't keep the phone in working order. Can someone tell me if this is accurate? I'm not sure of exact model, but it's one of the Blu phones still listed as for sale on the website.

2. I followed the tips, but before I had much time to see if it'd stay on, my phone service got disconnected. As my account page said recertification required a bar code that should be sent 90 days before service-end date, I contacted customer support to ask why I hadn't received it. The person who replied didn't seem to know what recertification meant, didn't know about bar codes, but said she'd extend my service thru January. However- for some reason she entered January 2021 instead of January 2022, which disconnected service entirely.
The only way I had phone service was to buy a 30-day plan from Tracfone, which I couldn't really afford. I don't think I should have been in this position simply because of one customer service rep's mistake.

All I could think to do was change service providers, and it's been a total nightmare. Not only are some of their customer service reps jerks, but the first phone they sent was in very bad condition and I found the replacement is around 8 years old. Logically I wouldn't expect a top-of-the-line phone when it was free, but this is outrageous.

So I'm hoping someone can tell me a) how to go about changing service providers back to Safelink; and b) as I'm not a new customer, if the last Tracfone I purchased would be replaced if service is restored and it continues to shut off.

Sorry this is so long and complicated.
Sunkist

Re: asking for help with 2 problems

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:37 pm

Hi Sunkist. This is TracFone Maria. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems that you went through. We're here to help you with your concerns. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby Sunkist » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:53 am

I'm having trouble posting here too.

Can you tell me what Tracking -1 means? I'd take it to mean phone hasn't been shipped, but I was told it'd take 7-10 days.

Second, the Safelink chat person said my phone number isn't in their system. I don't understand that either, as I have an account page that says I was enrolled April 16.

I cannot call anyone as current phone disconnects during calls, and Tracfone's chat hasn't been available all week.
Sunkist

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:14 pm

Hi Sunkist. This is TracFone Maria. We sincerely apologize for the problems that you went through. For us to address your concerns, we need to further check your account first. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.