Can't migrate old tracfone to new handset

Can't migrate old tracfone to new handset

Postby chasblock » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:29 pm

My LG328BG no longer works with any cellular service, I'm thinking it was a 3G model, and 3G has been discontinued across all services. I contacted Customer Service and they were kind enough to send me a free replacement. I received an Orbic Journey V (which I later found out is one of the worst cell phones ever made, but that's beside the point).

I tried activating the Orbic on line with no success. I contacted Customer Service (CS) on several occasions. They couldn't migrate my service minutes and in fact couldn't even activate the phone. My issue was escalated to an office in Corpus Christi TX, and I went thru some procedures with the CS rep and she assured me the issue was taken care of.

Long story short.... I still don't have a working phone.

I've been with Tracfone for many many years, perhaps as much as 20 yrs. Never really had a problem. Until now. The Orbic doesn't even appear to be a Tracfone. Any other Tracfone I've owned boots up with the Tracfone logo. The Orbic does not. I'm not sure if a simple solution is just a new sim card, or if the Orbic just doesn't work with the Tracfone service, at least in keeping my phone number and migrating my minutes and service time.

I've invested well over 8 hours now trying to get my phone to work. It's difficult enough trying to get thru the Tracfone customer service menus, much less trying to get someone to understand that my phone will not register with the Tracfone network. Even when I check my devices in my account, it still shows the LG with my phone number, and the IMEI of the Orbic as a "new device".

Will one of the Tracfone reps on here please contact me here and try to resolve this frustrating issue? Or if anyone else has suggestions, at this point in time i'll try almost anything.

Thanks.
chasblock

Re: Can't migrate old tracfone to new handset

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:34 am

Hi chasblock. I'm TracFone Maria. We understand your frustration. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. Yes, we will contact you for us to address your concerns. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby chasblock » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:19 am

I was finally able to activate the phone online.
chasblock

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:11 pm

We're delighted to hear that, chasblock. Should you need assistance, just let us know. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.