SafeLink Forced Phone Upgrade, Can't get it done

SafeLink Forced Phone Upgrade, Can't get it done

Postby KimWon » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:48 am

For the last several weeks it is like living in a horror show as far as trying to meet the new requirements for the shut down of 3G. This is a SafeLink account. I was told by a woman rep that my used phone was compatible. Yet, I still haven't gotten it added to the account.

I have been spending the last two weeks trying to get a Moto Z Droid xt1650 registered with SafeLink and my account applied to the phone. Two weeks ago I was told, after being on the phone for hours getting transfered around, and more holding, that the phone could be registered with SafeLink network if I purchased a Verizon Sim Kit. I purchased the Verizon Sim Kit and today I spent another three hours on the phone trying to get my phone activated. I don't know if the technicians just don't know what they are doing or there is some issue with SafeLink/Tracfone. I have to get a newer phone than my old phone registered because of the shutdown of 3G which is becoming a nightmare for everyone.

With one service rep, she asked me for the sim number. I gave her the sim number and then after waiting 15 minutes she comes back and asked me how she can help me. I guess she decided it was her break time and just got up and left. Oh, I had a woman on chat disconnect me; evidently she didn't know what she was doing and just broke off the chat.

At this point I am ready to take my business to a different provider. If I cannot do this in a reasonable time, then there are others offering LandLink services. I am poor, that is why I am on SafeLink; you have no phones available, all out of stock; except for the more expensive phone. Hello, I am poor and using SafeLink, I can't afford to spend several hundred dollars on a phone.

Do you have any technicians that can transfer my account to the new phone and keep my number as well?

-Very Frustrated
KimWon

Re: SafeLink Forced Phone Upgrade, Can't get it done

Postby TracFone - Maria » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:38 am

Hi KimWon. I'm TracFone Maria. Yes, we do. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced with our service. Give us a chance to make things right for you. Kindly check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby KimWon » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:51 pm

This sounds like the same old crap that I went through before. A toll free number that takes me to "wait for the next available representative" where I have to go through one after another waiting for 15 minutes each time only to have the call drop at the end. Representatives that don't know what they are doing.

No, I want the number to call a service representative that knows what he or she is doing to get this finished. I wasn't the one to initiate having to change my phone; a perfectly fine working pone that will now become an $80 paperweight. On top of that, I had to pay for the new sim card TWICE. I would think since Verizon now owns Tracfone that the service would be much better.

This is nothing new, your reps should be able to activate the phone/sim and transfer the number to it. This has been done for years now. Why, all of a sudden, this can't be done?

At this point I am ready to file a complaint with the FCC and they make it very easy to do with an online form. I want a number to call where I can get a top level service person that can get this done. Not some toll free number.
KimWon

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:33 pm

Hi KimWon. This is TracFone Maria. We understand where you're coming from. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you. I've sent you a private message. Kindly check your Forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby cpadca_21414 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:46 pm

I'm having the same problem. Please help no phone service since the 23rd.
cpadca_21414

Postby Jude » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:07 pm

Hi cpadca_21414. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby KimWon » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:41 pm

Hello:

I managed to finally get someone to activate the new phone. However, they did not transfer my minutes to the new phone. My phone stopped working and today I am told that I have no minutes at all. I took a screenshot showing my safelink account minutes at the time I was transferring the account to the new phone. The woman that helped me to activate the phone said she would have to manually apply the minutes. I am guessing that she did not, or if someone else was suppose to handle that task, they did not.

Who do I contact about getting the minutes applied to my safelink account?

Safelink Balance.png
Shows the balance on the account before transferring the account to new phone.
Safelink Balance.png (96.25 KiB) Viewed 356 times
KimWon

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:51 pm

Hi KimWon. I'm TracFone Maria. We're sorry to hear that your minutes did not transferred. We're here to help you. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.