Tracfone No Longer Firefox Compatible

Re: Tracfone No Longer Firefox Compatible

Postby ribbles » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:40 pm

This is happening again today, can no longer log in thru Firefox.
ribbles

Postby TracFone - Maria » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:45 am

Hi ribble. This is TracFone Maria. We're sorry to hear about that. WE would be happy to investigate this matter with you. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby rcw961@gmail.com » Mon May 16, 2022 10:12 pm

I have spent five days on the phone with Tracfone trying to log into My Account with my Firefox browser. The Tracfone people could not figure it out. They said that my account was in order. I finally tried MS Edge and was able to get logged in. Then today I accessed this forum and found that other people are having trouble logging in with Firefox. Why don't the Tracfone "help" people know about this problem? It seems they should all know about it by now. I have just wasted five days with Tracfone trying to figure it out. I don't really want to use Edge as my browser but I guess I will have to when logging into My Account on tracfone.com.
rcw961@gmail.com

Postby Jude » Tue May 17, 2022 9:58 am

Hi rcw961@gmail.com. My name is TracFone Jude. We understand where you're coming from and apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby rcw961@gmail.com » Tue May 17, 2022 10:16 am

I occasionally can log in to My Account with my email address on Firefox, but not always, and never can I log in with my phone number or SIM card number. I can always log in with my email, phone # or SIM card # using the Edge browser. I just spent five days on Tracfone Help with the Firefox problem and they couldn't figure it out. I found out the solution by Googling the problem. One would think that the Tracfone Help staff would know about the Firefox problem by now, but they didn't say a word about it??
rcw961@gmail.com

Postby Jude » Tue May 17, 2022 11:00 am

Hi rcw961@gmail.com. You can delete your browsing history and access our website using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge instead. Should you need assistance, please let us know.
Jude

Postby Tour » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:36 pm

Similar to what others have posted, I just spent four days with multiple tech support people at Tracfone, letting them know I could no longer log into my account at tracfone.com/login. Each one kept insisting the problem could be fixed by simple restarting my phone or clearing my cache, etc. One of them even said, "Don't worry, this won't happen again!" One of them could barely speak English and kept insisting my desktop was broken, no matter how many times I informed her that I also tried from laptops.

After my own experimentation, because tech support was of zero help, it turned out that I could log on using Microsoft Edge and other browsers. Tracfone stopped working for Firefox users. It's that simple. Then, after another search, I found this forum and see others have suffered through this.

Why don't the tech support agents understand that Tracfone.com login is no longer supporting Firefox? Why hasn't the employee who reads this forum passed the information along?? After I discovered the nature of the problem, I told a tech support agent about the Firefox issue, and she insisted she was unable to pass the information up the food chain. WTF?

I've been using Tracfone for over 15 years now and this is ridiculous. Not only are the agents unaware of this basic information, but Tracfone fails to fix it. I'm supposed to change browsers now, just to purchase another card.
Tour

Postby TracFone - Maria » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:29 am

Hi Tour. This is Maria from TracFone Wireless. We understand where you're coming from. Please accept our sincere apologies this issue has caused you. We are currently investigating on this issue. Give us another opportunity to make things right. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Previous

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.