Why does my cdma/GSM phone have a verizon SIM?

Why does my cdma/GSM phone have a verizon SIM?

Postby freez » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:17 am

I got this phone because it was one of only 2 listed that had CDMA/GSM as a service BUT this phone has a verizon sim card!!! I can tell by the numbers. Sooo how do I change it to an ATT since it came directly from tracfone and has the serial number and SIM number listed on the papers with it. Can I put a different SIM card in it??? like the tracfone sim card kit.
freez

Re: Why does my cdma/GSM phone have a verizon SIM?

Postby freez » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:41 pm

well I used chat and they said it is locked to verizon so I can't make it work at all even if I would buy the sim card kit and replace the sim. Why even bother offering a phone with GSM if you no longer support it.
freez

Postby Jude » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:11 pm

Hi freez. My name is TracFone Jude. We will need to check your phone before we can provide you more details. Also, are you trying to activate the phone in the Bring Your Own Phone Program? If so, we will first need to check the details of your phones. Compatible phones include GSM carrier unlocked (operating 850 and 1900 MHz bands). For a CDMA phone, we will need to get the serial number to check the eligibility. To check if your phones are compatible with our service, you can visit our website at https://www.tracfone.com/kyop or text the word BYOP to 611611. We can also check on your device. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby freez » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:27 am

I already checked it was a phone I got through tracfone that was to be CDMA/GSP (It was a tracfone Blu View2) BUT I was sent a phone that had a verizon SIM card (instead of allowing me to pick the SIM card) and chat took the numbers and confirmed it is locked to verizon so it can not be changed to ATT towers. Tracfone doesn't want ATT customers anymore apparently since verizon bought them out so you lost a customer because I am unable to change the SIM since it is locked to verizon and verizon will not work in my area. I am going to go with a different carrier since tracfone no longer cares.
freez

Postby Jude » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:26 pm

Hi freez. Please accept our deepest apology for this experience. We do not want our customers to encounter issues about the service we offer. We'd like an opportunity to review your account and make sure you're getting the best service. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby freez » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:26 pm

I told you I already checked and the device is locked to verizon so there is nothing more to do, I am not wasting any more time with chat or phone calls, the phone has been checked and verified it is locked to verizon so the account has already been deactivated and the minutes transferred. Tomorrow will get a different carrier because tracfone doesn't care about their ATT customers
freez

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.