Current Phone, 3G Shutdown & Tracfone

Current Phone, 3G Shutdown & Tracfone

Postby Madness » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:13 pm

My current phone is a Sony Xperia ZXs (model G8232) w/ a BYO SIM. When I log into the "My Account" app (or the website) I get a message statin' that this phone will no longer work after February, 2022. OK, I get that AT&T is killin' off 3G & that my phone doesn't support their flavor of VoLTE.

I was, however, able to get a used (but nice) Xperia 10 III (model XQ-BT52). If I stick my SIM in, it gets 4G. But would you happen to know if it'll continue to work after the 3G cutoff? I know the Xperia 1 III & 5 III will (as they are on AT&T's device list). But I'm worried about my device. Either way, I know that my XZs will be toast!
Madness

Re: Current Phone, 3G Shutdown & Tracfone

Postby Jude » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:14 pm

Hi Madness. My name is TracFone Jude. Please be advised that your phone should still work with our service. Should you encounter this problem, please let us know. Also, you have an option to upgrade to a newer phone model. As per our interest to serve you better, we are continuously working on improving and expanding our procedures, products and overall services. Thank you.
Jude

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.