Tracfone simcard not working on iphone12pro

Re: Tracfone simcard not working on iphone12pro

Postby RandySea » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:30 pm

Tracfone is truly awful in phone activation when you upgrade your phone. I have spent hours on the phone every time I have updated to a new iPhone. They always start by saying the phone is not compatible with their network. That is always incorrect.

All recent iPhones will work on the Tracfone network. Again, ALL iphones (at least, starting with the original SE and the 6s, will be compatible. In earlier years, you needed a CDMA phone for a Verizon connection over Tracfine, but that is no longer true. Any phone that supports LTE and, eventually, VoLTE will be compatible.

Your problem is that you can't really spend hours insisting on getting to multiple, supposedly higher level persons until you find one who understands the problems with the Tracfone system. It seems that once the system fails to activate your phone, it will mark the IMEI and SIM card permanently as incompatible.

As a recent example, I bought a new iPhone 12 from Apple early this year. From the start, TFW would not activate it and told me it was incompatible because it didn't support VoLTE. Clearly that was wrong. After hours and many different support people, I got it activated. I used it normally until October 15, when I left the US for a month.

When I returned to the US a couple of days ago and put the TFW SIM card back in the phone, I got a message on my phone saying my phone was incompatible with the network. When I logged on to my Tracfone account, it showed my iPhone 12 but gave the message:
"Our partners are upgrading their network to provide you with the highest quality service. Unfortunately, this phone is not compatible and can't be activated."

I called TFW support. The person said their records showed that I had myself asked TFW on Oct 5 to deactivate the phone and to switch the phone number to an old iPhone SE that I had not used in a year and a half. This was totally ridiculous. I pointed out that I had continued to use my 12 without problem until Oct 15. Didn't matter. I found my old iPhone SE and indeed, the SIM card I took out of the 12 worked in it. She said I'd need a new SIM card to activate my 12 and she sent me one for free. It arrived today.

I am setting aside several hours tomorrow to call TFW to see if I can reactivate my iPhone 12. It would be a miracle if it doesn't require all those hours.
RandySea

Re: Tracfone simcard not working on iphone12pro

Postby TracFone - Maria » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:17 pm

Hi RandySea. This is TracFone Maria. It is that we received with great concern your feedback about the poor service you experience. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems that you went through with our service. We value your business, and would like to address your concerns as quickly as possible. Give us a chance to make things right. Kindly check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Previous

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.