device not eligible for this transaction

device not eligible for this transaction

Postby CraigN » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:15 pm

Purchased directly from Apple a new iPhone SE 2nd generation (2020) for AT&T to replace an older iPhone 5s that is using Tracfone's AT&T service.
https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-se

When I try to activate the new phone and keep my current phone number, either using the phone's Tracfone App or the website, I get the error "device not eligible for this transaction".

I chatted earlier today with Wendolyn who suggested buying another new SIM card.
I purchased a new SIM kit and I am having the same problem with the new AT&T SIM card from the kit.

I've rebooted the phone several times.
I reset the network settings. Settings/General/Reset/ Reset Network Setting
Swapped Sim cards
The phone seems to be recognizing the SIM card OK.
iPhone/Settings/Cellular/Carrier Services/ TracFone

The AT&T SIM card was pre-installed when I purchased the phone. Is it somehow "locked" to AT&T because of that?

Thanks for your help.

Plan expiration Date 7/18/2022
8603 Minutes
8731 Texts
2.37Gb data
CraigN

Re: device not eligible for this transaction

Postby Jude » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:47 pm

Hi CraigN. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. Please be advised that we have edited your post containing your SIM card number. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.