Unregistered SIM

Unregistered SIM

Postby Jarvrek » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:04 pm

I am posting this for my dad, as he is not tech savvy.

According to the phone history in my account, my dad’s phone was upgraded 3 days ago, without his knowledge. It was activated, causing his current phone to have an “Unregistered SIM”. I did do a live chat earlier, and expected a callback, but it has been over 3 hours, have still not received one.

What can be done so my dad can use his phone again. Is there a way to find out where the new phone was upgraded? How does this happen? Can I get the other phone deactivated?
Jarvrek

Re: Unregistered SIM

Postby TracFone - Maria » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:15 pm

Hi Jarvrek. I'm TracFone - Maria. We're sorry to hear what happened. We're here to help you. For us to address your concerns, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby Jarvrek » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:24 am

Text messaging does not work from a phone with an Unregistered SIM, so texting HELP does not do anything.

While my dad just decided to go out buy another phone and transfer service to that phone, I am still wondering how his old phone was “upgraded” to another phone without his involvement, therefore prompting him to buy a new phone…

Is there any way to find out where this occurred and who might have done this without legal involvement?
Jarvrek

Postby TracFone - Maria » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:34 pm

Hi Jarvrek. I'm TracFone - Maria. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Yes, we will further check on it. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.