Urgent question: Can you transfer SIM card between Tracfones

Urgent question: Can you transfer SIM card between Tracfones

Postby EWeaver » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:08 am

My phone recently stopped working (Moto G6) during probably the worst possible week for it to die. Its stuck in the Bootloader screen and it appears my IMEI has been reset to 000000000000000 This is preventing me from wiping and factory resetting using Motorola's Rescue and Smart Assistant tool because the numbers don't match.

I'm doing a LOT of travelling this week and I'd rather not travel without any way to contact people in case of emergency and having GPS navigation is convenient considering I'm not familiar with the locations I'm driving to.

I don't really have time to take it in for repair so I'm completely fine with buying a new phone if I can just transfer the SIM card to the new phone.

I'd also be completely fine with getting a new phone and going through the normal set up as long as I can keep my old # without needing to access my old phone (since I can't access it)

I don't really care about losing the data on my old phone I just need a new phone ASAP

Thanks in advance!!!
EWeaver

Re: Urgent question: Can you transfer SIM card between Tracf

Postby Jude » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:16 am

Hi EWeaver. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. Please be advised that we have updated your post containing the serial number/IMEI/MEID of your phone. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby rsfulton3 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:40 pm

This is my question - can I transfer my Tracfone SIM card to a new phone? The response to the previous person asking that did not answer the question.
rsfulton3

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:32 pm

Hi rsfulton3. This is TracFone - Maria. It depends if the SIM card is compatible on your new phone and it if it has network coverage in your area. For us to properly address your concern, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.