Reactivating my Mom's Tracfone

Reactivating my Mom's Tracfone

Postby BobMD21144 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:12 pm

My Mom's Tracfone is currently inactive. When I log on to her Tracfone account and check her devices, it shows the last day of service as 02/01/2021, and a deactivation on 05/04/2021.

I suspect the problem was her Tracfone renewals were auto-billed to her credit card, and she forgot to update Tracfone when her credit card expired and she got a new one.

I'm trying to reactivate her Tracfone. However, when I click the "Activate" button for her inactive device, I run into a problem.

The first step, "Do you want to keep you keep your current phone number" is, of course "Yes", and is no problem.

The problem shows up at the second step. That step appears to assume I'm transferring the number from another service provider. "To transfer your phone number to Tracfone, we're going to need some information about your current service provider."

That's not what I want to do. I want to reactivate a phone where the previous, and only, service provider was Tracfone. Note: Tracfone does not appear to be listed among the service providers in the drop-down menu.

How do I reactivate my Mom's inactive Tracfone?
BobMD21144

Re: Reactivating my Mom's Tracfone

Postby Jude » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:14 pm

Hi BobMD21144. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby BobMD21144 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:40 pm

Thanks for the quick response!

When I click the link you sent me to contact Tracfone via chat, I'm taken to Tracfone's "Contact Us" page. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any way to start a chat session. I've attached a screen capture of the Online Chat icon and the area around it. Am I just not seeing something?
Attachments
TracfoneOnlineChatIcon.JPG
TracfoneOnlineChatIcon.JPG (17.14 KiB) Viewed 305 times
BobMD21144

Postby Jude » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:08 pm

Hi BobMD21144. Please check your inbox for a message. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.